Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Socal update
Rumor has it that some Socal areas have been reverted back to the docsis 1.0 .. meaning no certs are needed. Could this be true?
scan boy scan it will not last long if it is true.
......../sigh.....not true
Once D1 is removed it will never revert back. Your area is prob in hybrid mode. Eventually it will be gone for good. Figure out BPI before it's gone...
(10-03-2012, 04:06 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Once D1 is removed it will never revert back. Your area is prob in hybrid mode. Eventually it will be gone for good. Figure out BPI before it's gone...
So does this mean that fastcert will work here? Ive tried it and no luck. Maybe i have the IP range wrong or the string. I used this one (Swou9riu).. Ive read and read but just cant seem to figure it out. All i see is, "you need a private string or public string" Just can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mess around with the settings and how you scan for it.
No I will not help you if only have a few worthless post on the forum.
Went down lastnight here in the San Pedro area. Any suggestions, modem just keeps scanning. Also, having trouble logging into the control panel, page cannot be displayed most of the time, is there a trick to it?
Yep, more than 1. They are supposed to go down. That's really what diag firm is about 2 b honest. Read last years posts and you will see the answers. there are many many holes for you now that the d3 upgrade is there....read,test,reboot.....repeat.
(23-03-2012, 12:22 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Yep, more than 1. They are supposed to go down. That's really what diag firm is about 2 b honest. Read last years posts and you will see the answers. there are many many holes for you now that the d3 upgrade is there....read,test,reboot.....repeat.

Thanks bro, yeah it was a pretty good run, lasted about 6 months, just like the last cfg file I used. What do you think happened? Is it a mac issue you think? This stuff is kind of mind boggling to me. I called a buddy of mine to see if his friend could give me a crash course and set me on my way, well the asshole wanted $120 to get me modem going again. That pissed me off, I dont want him to get my modem going, I want to do it myself but just need a nudge in the right direction. Maybe the dude didnt know I have a sub and thought I was desperate. Anyway, do you think I need a jtag to get down and dirty, or is this another simple boring fix like I stumbled across last time? Where do I start reading?
there are no more 1 click fixes. I honestly do not think that you could teach this from the cm side...i could not possibly explain how i do what i do without sounding like a retard! lol. it's just how i learned...by trial and error and constant testing. Once BPI is enabled and TFTP enforce is enabled it's a whole new ballgame. You have to figure out what the headend wants and you have to figure out how to give it what it wants. NOT child'splay w/o a few Cisco Certifications. I don't have one...lol.

Read up on BPI,certs(same thing), TELNET,SNMP,Solarwinds,the Cisco section at SBH has all the Gold ...that is, if you cane read between the lines and think outside of the box. At this point, NO ONE is going to post ANYTHING even remotely hinting at what works and what does not. Clones are on the short list...trust me. At least for CC they are. Your very best bet is to hang out and find another tester in your area to work with. it is so totally achievable still if you are determined enough.

YES, Get a jtag of some sort if you want to do this. i HIGHLY recommend the Usbjtag NT. Blindcat usb is ok if you don't mind bricking your shit 1 out of 5 flashes...lol. at least, mine does...