Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashing SB5101. Putty problem.
No it says unidentified network. So there for no network access
What are you going to flash on it? I think you have mistaken your new security with an issue with the modem..I think your modem is fine, your just in new security now..
Knowledge=Power
new security....?
Yes, new security. New to your area, old to mine...
(15-04-2012, 11:38 PM)Stoowyguy Wrote: LOL now I am confused. I must not be doing anything right.... Lol, so i mind as well as tell you my entire situation.. I purchased a cable modem with haxorware on it from "this guy" and after awihle it doesn't work anymore. As in when I plug it in Ethernet it says unidentified and doesn't work so I'm trying to re-flash it. What exactlly do I need to do this. I onus have Ethernet for hooking it up what do i need to buy to flash it.

Can you still access the haxorware page?
If you can still access it then your computer mac might be banned. Try to change your computer mac address using TMAC.
Last resort is to inject new cert to the modem.Then change computer mac address.
sigh,

unplug coax,power off cm
flush dns or just reset your nic
reboot cm
this should allow you back into 192.168.100.1

this would be a really good time to fire up putty and get a boot log when you reconnect the coax. If your next post is "how do i do that?" i'm gonna be a real asshole in response...

come back and post that boot log and we will tell you why you cannot get online.
hmmm i tried to renew the ip and it says its unable to contact my DHCP server??
Yes...
NEW SECURITY FEATURE has been enabled in your area. But, then again, several things can cause you to not get an ip from the DHCP server. THE ONLY way for us to help you at this point is if you give us a PUTTY BOOTLOG of the failed handshake process.

I can't make it any easier for you...
oh well thanks for trying Smile As soon as i get that jtag nt i should be good..
Great investment...still not gonna fix a 169. xxxx ip. Youare gonna have to learn a few telnet commands