Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Certificates on SB5101
Hey there,

I'm new on hacking modem stuffs. You can get this while reading my post. Smile I want to ask a few questions to you occupying my head.

I ordered a Blackcat USB on eBay but it's not arrived yet. I found a SB5101 from a friend. It's unused before, also it has original/stock firmware and bootloader.

I want to hack that SB5101 and flash Haxorware on it. My ISP wants a CM MAC during setup&subscription process. They are setting CM MAC address on system.

So, I using Castlenet CBW700 cable modem now. Proably you don't heared it before. I gave MAC address of my current modem to cable guy. As you know my current modem has registered/provisioned on the network. (I don't know what you saying) I think, need report my MAC address change to my ISP. But i can't this. Because this modem has registered for another subscriber but he don't use it. I planning to change the SB5101's MAC addres instead of my current modem's MAC. I guess, i also need import current signed certificates onto SB5101.

Castlenet modem supports Telnet protocol. But unfortunately i don't know login info. I searched it on internet, i can't find anything. Maybe I can access with Blackcat. I did a DocsisDiag for showing it to you. It helps for getting hardware components, abilities of the modem. I attached it on post.

I wonder are these BPI keys, modem certificates, etc. on the diagnostic file usable for SB5101? If it is, how can i use these?

My English it's not perfect. Maybe I made some mistakes, sorry for this.
Thanks for reading and any help... Smile

Attached Files
.txt   results.txt (Size: 71.57 KB / Downloads: 317)
Please do not use your sub's certs as your first experience into this hobby. I know absolutely ZERO testers that will risk their subs to test....WHY? Because your sub is LEGALLY TIED TO YOU!
PLEASE read till you hate it then read some more before you connect the coax to anything. ALL of the above questions are listed and answered at Cisco.com, here, and Sbhacker.net. Best advice I can give to someone new to this.
Thanks for your for reply southernyankey...

I guess My ISP doesn't use any BPI compliance and config files aren't dynamic. I downloaded my config file from TFTP. I took this with a Docsis editor. It's only including Class of Service parameters. So, i wonder. Can I online with Haxor'd SB5101 with only changing my CM MAC?

Btw i took my current modem's SNMP logs. It's showing this messages but my connection is good. It's doing slow handshaking just a little. I guess that's the reason. Should I ignore this messages?

Mon Apr 30 10:09:43 2012 Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received
What do you mean your connection is good? RF Signal wise? Packet loss is low? What? And the Critical warning is the game breaker... You will be operational but in a private DNS dead end...A re-direct to no where
Knowledge=Power
Well if his ISP allows him to swap macs, download cfgs from the tftp server, and run with no bpi then he can force and pretty much do what he wants, correct? My CC sub has ALWAYS shown me that non critical lfield error and i'm in a closed node...Every single cm I see here runs that error...sub or toy.
I could have a f in field day in is node...lol
Yeah his node sounds like never never land, where anything is possible. Change your mac, force that 50 meg config and have a nice day!
You keep saying change your mac. Where the eff do they come from!
(15-07-2013, 08:29 PM)thereefour777 Wrote: You keep saying change your mac. Where the eff do they come from!

They come from scanning your entire HFC range when the modem is actually working and everything is fine. Don't tell me you lose interest after that? Undecided
Miniature purple unicorns that live on fairy dust inside the Usbjtag NT