Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5100 Power light blinking...
About a week or so ago, I came home to my battery backup surge protector buzzing, I reset it.. My 5100 modem lights were flashing strange and after resting the power, it worked online fine no problems..
2 days later, the modem was blinking with no internet access.. I reset the power and then it syncs up but the power light constantly blinks over and over. I've let it sit over night, and no go.
I reflsahed it and the power light is still blinking.. I think maybe it's a bad mac issue?

I had a 2mb dump (from a legit modem) that I flashed to it a couple months ago, it was working fine until the power kicked and my battery backup was buzzing when I got home.. Any ideas? I really need to get this modem back online. I've also got a 5101 with haxorware, but I can't seem to get anything going with it either.

I'm from USA and on CC... I think the big security finaly hit here a couple months ago, as it seemed to be in every other state in the USA, except for mine, I've read forever but not finding much besides flashing a 2mb from a legit modem, but I have no access to any to make a dump of.
I imagine your modem needed a CO-CVC after you lost power...Post a TELNET log and lets see...
Knowledge=Power
Try a new power supply. I had to change mine often as my power grid sucks in florida.A used rack mount line conditioner solved this for me, You will need to supply us with a telnet boot log to get a better answer.
I knew that, (telnet log) It's like 6am here and I haven't slept, long day and I've been reading random threads for the past few hours. I figured I'd throw up my issue and see what others throught, instead of me just thinking about it.
(err, I've tried a new power supply too, and vice versa, this power supply on a couple other 5100's I've got here, the others boot up fine. They're not setup for online or anything, just parts really, but they seem to work just fine with the same power supply)

thanks for the replies, I'll get a telnet log here in the morning (few hours from now morning, lol)
appreciate the help!
is the power grid really that bad in america? i know nobody in the uk that has a battery backup or even needs one
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
South Florida is behind the times compared to other areas I've lived in. Take into account the tropical weather and high population density. I ran a meter on the house current and I found a pretty severe voltage fluctuation throughtout a 2 week period. I change surge protectors every 6 months and
i run my toys on Line condioners that are on a GFI Breaker home run in the main panel. That seems to have rectified it for the most part.Since the US runs 110v instead of 220 it creates a higher draw on the grid.
Your test nonvol is most likely too close to you or too far away and the CMTS is catching it...Cisco has done a fantastic job on securing CC's network and pretty soon your area will be as tight as mine. Telnet needs to be your next skill if you want to continue testing throughout the impending security upgrades on CC.
I was re-reading my post from earlier this morning.. When I said (I knew that) about the telnet log, I sounded kind of rude it seems.. I didn't mean anything like that.. So I hope nobody took it that way. I meant, I knew better to even post without having a telnet log to post also..

I got a battery backup a few years ago (it was a cheaper one that worked well for me) as it seemed in the new place I moved to, the power would kick almost daily, resetting everything electronic.. Not too long after, one day the power went out completely.. The main line to the house had been nicked by some dummy who installed teh sidewalk here, and it eventually corroded in half.
Battery backups are ok for awhile but they wear out just like everything else. I found that by using it once a month and letting it run all the way down doubles the life of the battery...

Are you running Hax on your test modem?
I think the battery is pretty much dead on the battery backup, which is why it was buzzing when I came home that night as I'm guessingthe power kicked just enough for the battery to take over..

Anyways, No. I'm not running anything other than a 2mb flash from a legit modem, I am getting ready to do a telnet log, I have been busy, I've been transplanting a ton of flowers that was given to me from my grandpa's funeral a couple weeks ago.
You can't do a telnet log from stock firm unless you flash a shelled firm or a modded firm such as 5100MOD or fercsa. 5100xxxxxfatsh is what you need. Once CC pushes their signed firm on the cm it will kill your telnet access