Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need Dump ASAP
If you have SBH access then download one of the old 5101 dumps with a 900k size. It makes no difference whether it is an Intel or Amd chip....Since you are stuck with a pjtag the smaller size will cut some time off of the debrick process. If it won't detect then you obviously cannot reflash it, use the poke commands or better yet get another 5101 and do the hotswap method:

detect the good 5101 in Tom's Utility
then swap the jtag cble to the brick and power it up
write the new dump

Brick o' matics are the first real hurdle in testing and after a really stubborn one you will creak open your wallet and order a real programmer. It takes about 15 seconds to flash a 5101 with a usbjtag NT...worth 60 bucks IMHO
(10-05-2012, 07:21 PM)ABMJR Wrote: A dump is worthless if you cant get into the bootloader and load the bin file...

POKE commands are used to "jump start" the bootloader to get the eCOS OS system running so you have shell Telnet access via the JTAG..

PJTAG doesnt "poke" as fast as a USBJTAG cable does, thus the reason why it takes much longer to "CPR" the modem when using a PJTAG..

Google POKE scripts or something

BTW, if you poke it, you may "fix" it

But, its Bricked. You need to un-brick it

I Finally Unbricked My Modem Thanks To drewmerc Providing A Link For The Dumps And http://www.blackcatusb.net ALSO ABMJR I Did Not Use Poke And Your A Fucken god For Giving Me Negative Rep.
(10-05-2012, 09:00 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: If you have SBH access then download one of the old 5101 dumps with a 900k size. It makes no difference whether it is an Intel or Amd chip....Since you are stuck with a pjtag the smaller size will cut some time off of the debrick process. If it won't detect then you obviously cannot reflash it, use the poke commands or better yet get another 5101 and do the hotswap method:

write the new dump

Brick o' matics are the first real hurdle in testing and after a really stubborn one you will creak open your wallet and order a real programmer. It takes about 15 seconds to flash a 5101 with a usbjtag NT...worth 60 bucks IMHO

Blackcat For Life $30 It's Cheap And Works Like A Charm. I Already Unbricked My Modem Thanks For The Info Tho.
(12-05-2012, 09:41 AM)Monetized Wrote:
(10-05-2012, 07:21 PM)ABMJR Wrote: A dump is worthless if you cant get into the bootloader and load the bin file...

POKE commands are used to "jump start" the bootloader to get the eCOS OS system running so you have shell Telnet access via the JTAG..

PJTAG doesnt "poke" as fast as a USBJTAG cable does, thus the reason why it takes much longer to "CPR" the modem when using a PJTAG..

I Finally Unbricked My Modem Thanks To drewmerc Providing A Link For The Dumps And http://www.blackcatusb.net ALSO ABMJR I Did Not Use Poke And Your A Fucken god For Giving Me Negative Rep.
(10-05-2012, 09:00 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: If you have SBH access then download one of the old 5101 dumps with a 900k size. It makes no difference whether it is an Intel or Amd chip....Since you are stuck with a pjtag the smaller size will cut some time off of the debrick process. If it won't detect then you obviously cannot reflash it, use the poke commands or better yet get another 5101 and do the hotswap method:

write the new dump

Blackcat For Life $30 It's Cheap And Works Like A Charm. I Already Unbricked My Modem Thanks For The Info Tho.
Because you only do modem, but if you was to do other testing like Dct700 and others you would know that Black cat is useless and with USBJTAG NT you can used it to extract cert from modem as well.
Blackcat....

Blindcat is what I call it. It misses a lot! I have a 1.7 and a USBJTAG clone and a usbjtag NT and a buffered pjtag. The Blind cat is ALWAYS my last choice...It's not a POS, but it's very cheaply made and 2 out of 10 flashes usually, most likely, will produce a Brick O' Matic in my experience. For 60 bucks the NT is worlds away in quality and satisfaction for me. That being said...For especially stubborn bricks I usually pull out the old PJ and Tom's Utility and I'm back on track!
NT works the best...Smile ...a lot better quality as said above and it's able to unbrick almost anything...
(12-05-2012, 01:50 PM)sixteen Wrote:

write the new dump

Because you only do modem, but if you was to do other testing like Dct700 and others you would know that Black cat is useless and with USBJTAG NT you can used it to extract cert from modem as well.

I'm Not Saying The NT Is Shit But The Blackcat Is So Easy To Use And Hassle Free. What Else Is A NT Good For Besides DCT700 And For Xbox's?
(12-05-2012, 05:39 PM)Monetized Wrote:

write the new dump

I'm Not Saying The NT Is Shit But The Blackcat Is So Easy To Use And Hassle Free. What Else Is A NT Good For Besides DCT700 And For Xbox's?

If you say black cat is easy to used then you really have know clue what NT is!
Tested hardware:
Cable boxes: DCT2524, DCT700,DVI3000,DCT 6412 III
Cable modem:SB5100,SB5101 SB5120 SB4200, SB4100,SGB900,SB5102(SPI).RCA 315,RCA325.DPC2100
Dish receiversBig GrinP301-010.IRD2700, DP301-013,Pansat
Router (VOIP):WRT54G,RTP300,VT2442
Check www.usbjtag.com for new devices not listed here.
(12-05-2012, 10:51 PM)sixteen Wrote:

write the new dump

Tested hardware:
Cable modem:SB5100,SB5101 SB5120 SB4200, SB4100,SGB900,SB5102(SPI).RCA 315,RCA325.DPC2100

Anyways If I Mod A Cable Box Do I Get Free Channels?
(12-05-2012, 11:19 PM)Monetized Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 10:51 PM)sixteen Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 09:41 AM)Monetized Wrote: I Finally Unbricked My Modem Thanks To drewmerc Providing A Link For The Dumps And http://www.blackcatusb.net ALSO ABMJR I Did Not Use Poke And Your A Fucken god For Giving Me Negative Rep.

Tested hardware:

Anyways If I Mod A Cable Box Do I Get Free Channels?
Spoon feed is not what i do, so please visit the site and read you will know what it can and can't do.
LOL
Different hardware....

SAME EXACT MENTALITY!!!

Read, Fucker, READ!!!

I love it....