Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAQs
1. Can I download config file from the TFTP server?
You can no longer download a generic file from the TFTP server. you can only download your own file.

2. Y are the name of the files generated?
The name of the files are not generated they are just simply coded with the mac of the modem.

3. Can i modify a config file?
You can not modify any config file. You can only view them. We are working on a way to generate the key that created the MD5 CRC for the file.

4. What is the MD5 CRC number?
This number is genearate based on the size and information in the config file.

How it works.

a. The company will generate a config file with the speed, IP numbers and MAC address of the modem.
b. The file is then signed by simply looking of the content and creating a MD5 CRC string at the end of the file on line 10040, 10050 and 10060.
c. The modem will still accept any file if you use haxorware.
d. The modem will still use the file you uploaded but if you modified it will not authenticate with the correct CRC code.

5. People say that they can no longer force file is this correct?
No it is not. The modem will force what ever file you give it. It will just not authenticate. People say that they can not force files because they can no longer use generic or other files from other users. However you can use a signed file that was signed to your mode.

(How to test it. Open Haxorware and right click on the config file. Save it on the desk top and rename it to config1.cfg. Go to configfile menu and upload this file and set it to be used. After restart on the front page you will see that your modem will now say config1.cfg. So the file is used)

6. How can i get a files that is signed to my modem?
As I said before right now the only way is to upgrade your service download the file and then downgrade your service and use the file you downloaded.

Config File explanation.

Think of config files like bitcoins. Once you make a config file you can use it no matter what. The system does not do a comparison with the file served. Doing so will be a really complicated procedure. It would require to change all the modem out there, or if the speed is capped at the node. However that might be an issue since you will have to bring a cat5 and not a cable line to the house. This would increase the amount of techwork since they would not have to manage large amounts of switches and security. That might happen one day but it will long from now. That would open a new way to hack people as everybody would be on the same network.

If you see anything I missed people add it here. Once we crack the Authentication we will post it here. It should not be long.

7. Can I clone the MAC address of a modem I did a scan on?
Ok i can say that i tried to do this and it "kind" of worked. However I was booted off a few minutes later. I did save the config file and it did not work to be used on my modem, simply because the it did not match the MAC address. So the answer is that you can but it does not actually work. Most ISPs check so see if there are multiple MAC connected and lets face it that is really illegal.

1. I also can't anymore download some random config file from the TFTP, only my own. I would like to know why is that so. Some cisco document where that is well explained would be great. Just for the info how the things are setup now.

5. renaming your config file and staying online with the renamed config is not a good idea if you are open to snmp. ISP can see the name of your config.
once you crack authentication you're gonna post it?

Why the FUCK would you do that??????

THAT is exactly how Cisco wiped out 99% of all testers(which is a great thing,BTW)...

My feelings about posting the Crack!
After reading, reading and reading and still reading for nearly 8 months, I would say NO!
That would be the lazy mans way out, although I would be tempted at the ideal.
But, that would most likely kill the other 1% of the survivors from the last ECM.
I am not sure if I will ever figure this out, but at least I can say I gave it an effort.
Remember guys this is Testing, and all should have a Legal account with your ISP.
(11-10-2012, 11:13 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: once you crack authentication you're gonna post it?

THAT is exactly how Cisco wiped out 99% of all testers(which is a great thing,BTW)...

You start to sound like capone....lol
virgiltu I just hope you are not accessing this site from any IP that can be linked to you. Be careful.
(12-10-2012, 01:16 AM)sixteen Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 11:13 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: once you crack authentication you're gonna post it?

You start to sound like capone....lol

I'll take that most generous compliment as Capone is one of my friends. that dude knows more shit about this than I ever will....