Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a couple of basic questions..
Is it a bad thing to leave the modem on all day?

How fast can a DOCSIS 2.0 modem get up to (in terms of download speed and upload speed) (sb5101)

And what do I have to do to make a .bin nonvol file from haxorware?
[Image: 2067907098.png]
(10-07-2012, 02:12 AM)Stoowyguy Wrote: Is it a bad thing to leave the modem on all day?

How fast can a DOCSIS 2.0 modem get up to (in terms of download speed and upload speed) (sb5101)

And what do I have to do to make a .bin nonvol file from haxorware?

dont turn it off. it is better its on all the time if you have a ups hook it up there. Your speed is already good. if you cannot force config then there is nothing else to do but to make sure that the modem is always on for if your using a clone nonvol someone might use the same nonvol in your node and if your modem is off you will be ranging and not operational.
How does Drewmerc get those results that he has posted on his signiture
Also I don't get how my modem is D2 but on Haxorware it says complience d1.1
damn second time i thought i posted my story about my speed so after a good look for the link i guess it must of been in a deleted thread
so quick point an individual modem of mine is no faster than yours (ok mine top out at 37mb)
simply i use more than 1 modem, the real trick is my pfsense multi wan router(home made, pfsense is just a special linux distro)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
So I wounder if I get a HFC Mac address that i scanned from a different node and put it on my modem does it download the certs with the MAC address all the time or does it like depend on the isp?
(10-07-2012, 06:46 AM)Stoowyguy Wrote: So I wounder if I get a HFC Mac address that i scanned from a different node and put it on my modem does it download the certs with the MAC address all the time or does it like depend on the isp?

It does not download the original modem cert but hax do make its own self signed cert that is not bpi + compliant. It may work with bpi bypass but not with bpi + and new security.