Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed to learn...
I have a subbed CC sb5100 modem at home. I also got another sb5101 with me and my girlfriend wants to test it but somebody told me she has to be 25 miles away from me inorder to get 5101 working coz we might be on the same node. Btw my girlfriend lives like 10 mins away from me. Just a few noob questions;
1) I just want to know how much area does a single node cover?
2) Is there any way that both cm can be used simultaneously incase if we are on same node?
3) Any options?

Thanks to all who helped me so far.
Thanks
If your isp still used sb5100 that means to get the sb5101 is easy as 123, what is your isp?
Comcast. Can you help me please?
1. about 7 mile but it depends on many factors (quick example if i walk a 100yards east of were i am, i will be on a different node but walking west i have to go all the way to the other side of town before i hit another. the point of this means knowing how big a node is, is pointless you need to know where the boundaries are)
2. no not on same node
3. ordering a pre mod is stupid as you learn nothing and as always at some point you will need to reflash
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
If its COMCASt and your area offers D3, then I would say your out of luck. If its Florida and CC, then nearly impossible
Knowledge=Power
(25-07-2012, 03:57 PM)forcerip Wrote: I have a subbed CC sb5100 modem at home. I also got another sb5101 with me and my girlfriend wants to test it but somebody told me she has to be 25 miles away from me inorder to get 5101 working coz we might be on the same node. Btw my girlfriend lives like 10 mins away from me. Just a few noob questions;
1) I just want to know how much area does a single node cover? depends but it safe to have 25 miles apart.
2) Is there any way that both cm can be used simultaneously incase if we are on same node? No way both can be use at the same time.
3) Any options? Yes there are.

Thanks to all who helped me so far.
Thanks

Free Lunch is Always Yummy.Tongue
I would just try it and see what happens... If it turns out that your guy's both modems go out and wont boot OPERATIONAL... then you are on the same node...
[Image: 2067907098.png]
If you would like to see what CMTS your are on go here

http://network-tools.com/

And do this at your GF's house..Compare the two

Your Gateways (CMTS's) should be different
Knowledge=Power
(26-07-2012, 10:58 AM)Stoowyguy Wrote: I would just try it and see what happens... If it turns out that your guy's both modems go out and wont boot OPERATIONAL... then you are on the same node...

only one will not connect not both going out.
Free Lunch is Always Yummy.Tongue
pretty sure both disconnect...
[Image: 2067907098.png]