Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dpc2100r2 cable and send light solid green
hey guys came home today for some reason the internet not working. Tried a reboot still no internet. Cable and Send light are solid green but PC flashes every so often. Unplugged the power / ethernet / and coax and just plugged power back in and cable and send light are solid green still. Seems wierd since no coax is connected? Is it possible the modem is blacklisted or dead somehow? I did try re-uploading a new set of certs and still same issue the modem just sits solid. I'm not sure if it needs a reflash but im hesitant since i don't have the original dump.

Any ideas?

And yes i did search the forum but nothing popped up "dpc2100 cable light solid green" and other variations of that.

Edit = fyi i can get to haxorware using ip
Mybe it is brick, you need to check to see if you can read and write to the modem using your JTAG.
Why did you load/flash the bootloader?

I would say it is bricked..
Knowledge=Power
Reflash it. or, better yet, toss that worthless POS in the garbage and get another 5101 to play with. I know some of you guys love those things but I refuse to use them anymore. the two I own constantly brick themselves so I havent touched them in a year. Junk! My Netgears NEVER go down or need to be reflashed!
(28-09-2012, 10:17 PM)sixteen Wrote: Mybe it is brick, you need to check to see if you can read and write to the modem using your JTAG.

would you recommend trying to just reflash hax or try to find an original 2100 bin and try that? i did find some orignal bins on the site for the dpc2100 but wasnt sure which one tro try one is about 1meg and the other is about 2 megs big so wasnt sure which one to use if that is the route to take.. i guess it wont matter since its bricked already lol
You will need a 2mb dump and flash that and start over
There is a great section over at SBH for those modems. the good thing about those things is the serial flash over ethernet...
(29-09-2012, 03:05 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: There is a great section over at SBH for those modems. the good thing about those things is the serial flash over ethernet...

Thanks im going to check that out right now.. I almost started to dust off the jtag and the old 500 lb xp box I have. Serial over ethernet? hmmmm sounds interesting. Have to read up on that. Thanks
hey guys maybe someone can help. I couldnt find the serial over ethernet threads but i tried to jtag vased on this one http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-1132.html for some reason my jtagutility not finding the modem keep saying to check the jtag or power. 5101 works fine basedon my jtag. wondering if htat schematic is right or not? I cant seem to figure out how to get it connected. I have a simple buffered jtag i bought from http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...470wt_1396
ok so verdict i have one bin i downloaded from the site for the 2100r2 called original 2100r2.bin now i load that with jtag and it flashes fine after a long time. i reboot modem lights are blank now nothing and i cant pull an ip? any ideas?