Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5101 can't connect multiple configs attempted
Question 
Hi Everyone,

My ISP is Cablevisons Optimum Online (OOL)

I have a SB5101 that I modded at least 3 years ago, and it has been working like a charm until recently. I tried multiple configs and each time I'd try to access a webpage I would be redirected to their website to register the modem

Usually just changing the config did the trick, but this time is simply not working.

I've read of clone detection on these forums, does this sound like what's happened?

Others who are having this same issue, are there any workarounds, firmware updates, etc?

Is there anything out at the moment to resolve these issues?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Have you looked at your telnet log?
try disabling the config file.
(09-10-2012, 07:58 AM)rrsrer Wrote: Hi Everyone,

I have a SB5101 that I modded at least 3 years ago, and it has been working like a charm until recently. I tried multiple configs and each time I'd try to access a webpage I would be redirected to their website to register the modem

Usually just changing the config did the trick, but this time is simply not working.

I've read of clone detection on these forums, does this sound like what's happened?

Others who are having this same issue, are there any workarounds, firmware updates, etc?

Thanks in advance

Did any of the Junior Member's advice work or did you get your modem to work some other way? I've got Cablevision Optimum Online with SB5101 and I'm getting the exact same issue. Sad
(17-12-2012, 05:22 AM)hackablejoker Wrote: [quote='rrsrer' pid='14574' dateline='1349765903']
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance

Did any of the Junior Member's advice work or did you get your modem to work some other way? I've got Cablevision Optimum Online with SB5101 and I'm getting the exact same issue. Sad
[/quote
Force config is over.
(09-10-2012, 07:58 AM)rrsrer Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance
BPI+ bypass no any more work for optimum online. All your need is to get a valid cert and change to BPI+. It is very simple!