Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
sb5101, good certs/mac, but CVC Validation Failure?
Hey everyone, I'm facing one problem with my sb5101* & haworware.

Modem retrieves everything even the d11_m_sb5101_silver config file
I've manually extracted and uploaded all 5 certs, with valid mac and serial # from a good nonvol.

BUT I always seem to get :
E207.0 Configuration File CVC Validation Failure

I've read and read but can't figure this out. From what I think I learned is that this is do to "firmware upgrade" and my stealth settings? Please let me know if I'm on the right track.

I've downloaded the config file that the modem DW and in under software upgrade filename I get: SB5101-2.7.8.0-GA-00-NOSH-NNDMN.p7.csg

Now is that what I need to put in my Steath setting in Haxorware?
SB5101-2.7.8.0-GA-00-NOSH-NNDMN

what about the other fields in the stealth settings?
Most likely a re-signed CVC from the MFC'er thru the ISP with a new expiration date...

Only sent to provisioned modems. Stealth has nothing to do with your problem
Knowledge=Power
Thank you for your answer ABMJR. So is there anything I can do to get a new CVC? If my carts and mac are from a provisioned modem from another node why wouldn't the ISP just give me updated CVC?

Again sorry If I'm not getting how this exactly works. I'm really really trying to figure it all out but its not easy without training in ISP security.
WHat ISP is this?
Knowledge=Power
some isp's push it to provisioned modems in the firmware some dont they have to be called to have it pushed
and he is on comcast by the looks of the config but im confused on what modem he is using he said 5100 but using hax and getting a 5101 config
either it was a typo or thats his problem
Im using a sb5100 modem on comc*st Nonvol I got is I'm assuming from a sb5101 since my CM is downloading a sb5101 config file
yea you will need a nonvol from a 5100 the cvc wont match unless you can get it from somewhere else but for a 5100
yea the spoof settings will help you after that but not until you get the mso-cvc
Would getting a sb5101 and using this nonvol on that work? might be easier to get a sb5101 then another nonvol

PS what file do I need? which of the 5 certs is the mso-cvc? Also any idea where I would get a sb5100 cvc? I'd have to extract it from a subbed sb5100 nonvol right?
Please take it easy on me, what I don't know I try hard to learn it.
after you get the 5101 change your cpe mac then let the modem take the update untick the disable update you will loose haxorware
but oh-well
Sorry cant figure out what a cpe mac is? Probably a total noob question uuups. I've been changing my nic mac. Also if I let the sb5101 take the update by unchecking the "update disable" and I lose the haxorware and modem goes operational. Is it then ok to uploading haxorware back onto the modem by usb jtag?
Please take it easy on me, what I don't know I try hard to learn it.