Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly on the same CMTS ComC**t
So I'm guessing that somehow my subbed cm, and the one i have setup at my mums is on the same CMTS. When i hook up the clone of the subbed modem over at her house, it works, but by the time i get home mine shows connected and nothing works.

I tried running a trace route, and the first hop it shows are two different ones from each house. We're separated by about 12 miles, but perhaps it routes the traffic past those two first hops to the real CMTS.

Anyone have any idea what it could be, and also a way of telling which CMTS i'm on for sure?
post telnet logs with them both running working or not and ill show you
Awesome dude, thanks! I'll have them up in a few hours.
12 miles is not the same CMTS. your CMTS is "closed"
Knowledge=Power
Hmm, ok. I'll still post both logs tomorrow, since i wont be going to my mums tonight. But i shall research about a "closed" CMTS. Thanks for the help guys.

On a side note, here is what i see when i get home and try and use my modem here (if this shouldn't be posted, let me know and i'll take it down, or take it down yo self)

[Image: comcastunauthorized.jpg]
(15-01-2013, 03:46 AM)Domkratos Wrote: Hmm, ok. I'll still post both logs tomorrow, since i wont be going to my mums tonight. But i shall research about a "closed" CMTS. Thanks for the help guys.

On a side note, here is what i see when i get home and try and use my modem here (if this shouldn't be posted, let me know and i'll take it down, or take it down yo self)

[Image: comcastunauthorized.jpg]

That is Clone Detection!
Yep, just figured that out from reading one of Jr's other posts.
So basically from what he said that is needed, is get a virgin bin from a CM that hasn't ever been on my same ISP (Comc**t).
If anyone wants to PM/email me the TELNET command, or place to read about the command to have the virgin become co-signed, it would be appreciated!

Would the bin from a 5101U work considering in using a regular old 5101?
DO NOT CLONE YOUR SUBBED CM!

Most likely the u bin will not work on the reg 5101. You can try it but the signed firm will fail and you won't get past the CMTS.