Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I think I killed it
Well, I tried jtagging my DCP3000 modem again to flash fresh firmware because it was failing to lock upstream channel, and while attempting to make contact with the 3v point I brushed my pin across other legs and solder points around the area due to my shaky hands and now I get no lights on the modem and the jtag is not detecting the chip. The modem chips get warm so that tell me there is power going through, but I have no lights. Is all hope lost?
talk about living up to your name
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Failing to lock the US channel after the DS channel is locked has nothing what-so-ever to do with the firmware, only, and I say only will the US flash if the CMTS attempted to PUSH a FW update and the CM didnt allow it and the DocSevReset command was sent and then the endless re-boot

US after DS lock is not FW related, but security
Knowledge=Power
.....AAAAAANNNNDDDDD, This is how we learn!
Hahaha u guys are fucked up... thats why I like this crowd... Big Grin

So whaddya think, like I said the chip gets warm.. I dont see any fried solder joints, plus I dont think 3v is enough to kill anything is it? I was thinking of sending it to one of you guys to see if it's really dead, or maybe I fried my jtag.

I blame my inquisitive mind, shit works.. I feel the need to fuck it up and fix it again! Those who are content don't learn much!
really nothing should be fucked as every part should be 3v tolerant, i can only guess you sent 3v into something backwards
i recommend testing for dead resistors
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I suck at diagnosing electrical issues, anyone here in the US I can send this to and have a look at it? I think my jtag is good as windows detects it and everything seems ok.
(25-02-2013, 01:01 AM)Florida Wrote:
(25-02-2013, 12:57 AM)modembricker Wrote: I suck at diagnosing electrical issues, anyone here in the US I can send this to and have a look at it? I think my jtag is good as windows detects it and everything seems ok.

why don't you follow the steps as if it's bricked, see what happens.

Can you point me in the direction of a debrick method? I see programming methods at the NT site but all f those require you to be able to detect the chip first.
In your case you will need hardcore debrick method to detect the chip, so its best you head over the other place..................poke command needed!
Or, head over to Usbjtag.com and look at their info. I agree with sixteen though, as poke commands are going to be your best bet at this point. i totally smoked a 6120 last year with a shitty soldering job so I feel your pain my friend! I just use testclips now as soldering those stupid little chip legs is just too much of a pain in the ass for my big meaty hands!!

This is probably one of the better lessons of this hobby believe it or not...at least you didn't screw up your ONLY test cm lioke i did years ago when I first started this! Now, THAT is a lesson!! hehe