Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sb5101 serial problem
Hey guys I'm having some trouble with my serial interface.
I'm using this module PL2303 USB to Serial (TTL) Module/Adapter I installed the drivers and know that it is installed and operational.
In putty I use Bps:115200 Data bits:8 Parity:None Stop Bits:1 Flow control:none.
When I connect to the modem I see that the leds аrе lighted without the power cable so we have power from the usb 3.3V pin. Now when i go to putty to see the output log nothing is showing on the screen and when I try to reconnect it says COM3 is unavailable or busy right now.And when I try to exit putty it just hangs for quite a time I also try to terminate it from the task manager and it just refuses to terminate. on the modem I have haxoware with noisy bootloader flashed through jtag.
So what am I doing wrong ?
I suspect that the module I'm using is not the right one.
it's the correct one, use a different usb port and check in device manger that your using the correct com port

you can check the device is working by doing a talkback test connect tx and rx together then type in telnet and it should talkback
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(06-04-2013, 08:35 PM)drewmerc Wrote: it's the correct one, use a different usb port and check in device manger that your using the correct com port

you can check the device is working by doing a talkback test connect tx and rx together then type in telnet and it should talkback

I have confirmed the talkback and I saw the response. After that I connected the modem and nothing. Later I just connected the rx wire and powered the modem through the adapter and just saw ascii char 152 or something like a german y with dots on top. Also this time putty didn't crash as long as the power source was from the adapter.Then I put the power pin the modem booted but putty froze.Also after a couple of trial end error at one point the module stopped responding and I had to physically replug it.After this the module got a new COM port no.4. I tried couple more times persistently pressing p to see if anything is going to happen and I saw the p letter and one of the leds started to blink as like it was receiving data but still on output.And changing the usb port doesn't change anything the module gets the same COM number.
try a different terminal, terra term perhaps. but i must ask are you sure you have a noisy bootloader
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(07-04-2013, 01:01 AM)drewmerc Wrote: try a different terminal, terra term perhaps. but i must ask are you sure you have a noisy bootloader

yes I'm using the second dump from this post http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-6.html postet by rajkosto so I'm sure i have a noisy bootloader because there is a delay where only the 3 led from the bottom flashes 2-3 sec before the regular boot.