Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q: Activating old modded sb5101 as new sub
Hello, all!
Long time reader, first time poster.
I have a question that I'm sure most of you can answer, but I'd just like to make sure before I go through with it.
I've got an SB5101U that has had Haxorware on it for a long time, and has been through hell and back with me. I've only ever used it in conjunction with my own sub, and am now wanting to change it to be a primary sub on a new account for my brother. I have all of the original dumps of every single thing possible from when I Jtag'd it, and also the original nonvol/certs/etc..
My question is: if I write everything back to 100% stock, just like I had originally gotten it - is it ok to activate it safely? (ISP will be twc., and is in an area that has been on DOCSIS 1.0 all the way up until this past Sunday, and has now migrated to BPI 1.1+)
I am very familiar with snmp, telnet, nvram, certs, etc.., and I feel like this is a very "noob" question that I'm asking, but I've never tried to activate a modem that was previously 'hacked' before, and don't want anything to go wrong when he goes to activate it.

Sorry for the long-windedness of the post, but I'd like to say thank you all for the information that you provide to us! I've definitely learned quite a bit over the past ~5 years!
as long as it's the original flash it should be fine
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(31-05-2013, 12:29 PM)drewmerc Wrote: as long as it's the original flash it should be fine

Great, thank you!
I'll report back either way and let you know how it goes.
Everything went perfectly, thank you, Drewmerc!