Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long does a blacklisted mac stay banned on cc?
years ago when a mac was blacklisted... after like 6months they would SOMETIMES clear the "ban list" from the local node so the macs could connect again.. they dont seem to be clearing the list anymore.. so im wondering how long does a blacklisted mac stay banned? 2 years? forever?

long story:
the reason i ask is because about 3 years ago comcast upgraded security in my area. gone are the easy days of changing dns to connect.. now you need bpi+ enabled and cosigned firmware... subbed clones still work but after about 3 weeks they get detected and blacklisted... around this time i discovered a way to avoid detection (dont ask me how my lips are sealed :p )... my bins were no longer being found, i could even leave them connected to the network 24hrs a day for months... the problem is... clones dont last forever, people downgrade their service... a silver bin after 8-12months becomes bronze,. and when people stop paying those silver bins become wallgardened and useless. another problem was comcast only allows you 300gb of bandwith per month (250gb back then) and somehow what i was downloading was being counted along with the original subbed bin... many were wallgardened when i used 200gbs and the other person used more than 50gb.. once i reduced my monthly bandwidth to about 100gb everything was ok. i originally had 8 working bins, 6 silvers and two bronze.. over time 2 bronzes and 1 silver downgraded to wallgarden, and i got 3 blacklisted through trial and error so in the end i had only two working silvers... all was good UNTIL.. i moved across town to a different node... and unfortunately ALL of my bins are blacklisted here, they get stuck trying to sync upstream... i got my bins from various forums on the internet and im guessing a local tester got them from the same place i did and got them banned :/ so yea thats why i need to know how long they stay banned Smile
they get blacklisted forever, the is no reason for them not to
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Depends on the area and the amount of engineer input. I have found nodes where the original Taco dumps still work...It just depends!

TEST AND SEE!!