Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Force firmware update via CC on sb5101
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows how to force a firmware update from CC onto a sb5101 running hax rev39. I have unchecked disable firmware updates. I can see it trying to pull the update but it doesnt, I have added some of the log on that at end of the post. Now I have tried to extract the certs from downloaded configs but windows doesnt seems to want to open it, I tried changing the extensions between the various cert formats, no go.

If I can get the modem to accept the upgrade and pull the new certs from it, then flash hax back to it and inject the new certs, it should hopefully solve my problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Ok, so it seems I am getting this error because the Mfg CVC is outdated, resulting in a SSD error. I don't care about the co-cvc. The Mfg cvc in question for this modem, can it be any5101 Mfg cvc cert, or does it have to be one from my isp I wonder?
Ehhhhh!! If you take a firmware update with good certs Hax goes bye bye. Remember that Hax is just a GUI front end replacing the actual motorola one.

As far as cvc's is concerned, you need to start reading because this is where the cable company eliminated 99% rogue modems. You need a valid mfr cert that came with the modem that's intact in order to get a co-signed one from your cable company. All of this happens during the initial registration of the modem & since you have Hax on it, you're stuck for good.

There's a way you push for new firmware/co-signed date on a virgin modem with a telnet command. I've gotten it to work more than once but it doesn't last very long. The modem certs get black listed & it will start pulling an abuse cfg soon after. It is patched I'm afraid & if you have just a few valid certs then you're hosed.
The cosigned cvc is ONLY written during the INITIAL provisioning of the modem and it is coded to the subscriber's node. Even a full clone of that cm will not work in another node. it will fail. There are ways around this but you will have to gain FULL access to cisco.com. Public access will not help you any.
Found another way. Ya I'd love full access yankey, let me guess, you'd have to know someone.
no...

JUST READ!!!!
hi