Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lease time
Hi,

have had a few issues lately, and figured out that it boils down to lease time. I can get online with a valid mac, but after an hour or so I get booted from the network, and the mac I use at the time gets blacklisted. I have read there is a way around the lease time by doing something via telnet or serial, but have been unable to find any information on it. I would be grateful if someone could give me some breadcrumbs to follow so I can educate myself more on this =)

Odd thing is lease time and renew time are 7 days and 3.5 days

(51) Lease time = 604800 seconds
(58) T1 (renew) = 302400 seconds
(59) T2 (rebind) = 529200 seconds
Lease is infinite = 0

I have seen people hint at a way around this by performing something via telner or serial. Any hints as to what that might be?
hi mate,im in uk and the simple way to get round that over here is to remove power from modem as soon as it comes online,iff the mac is a good 1 it should still be working when it powers back up,check lease time it should then be a week,thats what works over here with the superhubs
Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself!!!

Regardless of who starts first; ability decides seniority !!!!!
I wouldn't focus on your lease time as I doubt it's your problem. Your ISP is polling the modems, and knocking offline the the illegal ones. Find out what's incorrect in your configuration.
As far as I can see, I have one tlv-11 value which is incorrect. But how in the world do you go about figuring out which one is incorrect? Thanks for that Shocky, someone else said the same thing, but as I posted, the lease is for a week initially, yet an hour or 2 later, I get booted, and that mac will still be allowed on the network after, but will be given a 169 address. I think neo_ is right, but as I said, as far as I am aware, there is no way to figure out which tlv-11 value is incorrect, apart from the obvious modem identifiers, which apply to the config you use, I already have those set. Certs are also valid.
Ok, I did an ipconfig/all connected direct to modem and I am in fact only getting an hours lease, I tried unplugging the power aftter I got IP intially as shocky suggested, but the lease remains the same....where are my breadcrumbs! I went looking at the OID's and spoof values too, I saw drewmerc mentioned before hax firmware doesnt pick up on decimals so the hardware rev does report as 1 instead of 1.1. I tried to change it via telnet, and it didnt accept the change when I hit write after typing in 1.1, it gave an error and said "not supported" =(