Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DPC2100r2 Latest OEM Firmware?
Brick 
I cannot log into my modem (I get this error,) here are the details:

Code:
Descripcion: S-A WebSTAR DPC2100r2 Series DOCSIS Cable Modem Ethernet+USB <<HW_REV: 2.0; VENDOR: S-A; BOOTR: 2.1.6; SW_REV: v2.0.2r1244-050203; MODEL: DPC2100r2>>

I would like to attempt to update the firmware on the modem with another original firmware dump (my ISP will not update,) but would like to try the OneClickFlash method (I don't have serial stuff) but I unsure if its safe this way

Anybody know the latest OEM firmware out there for this model, and is it safe to use snmp/tftp over lan to update it?

If so do I still need to use these commands used when flashing haxorware for forcing longer/unsigned firmware?

Quote:set 1.3.6.1.4.1.4413.2.99.1.1.2.4.2.2.2.4.0 i 1 (con esta le decimos ke acepte firm largos)
set 1.3.6.1.4.1.4413.2.99.1.1.2.4.2.2.2.5.0 i 1 (con esta aceptara forzar los header del firm ya no es necesari cambiar el signature)

Also, if I were to go the serial route, what tools (cable, etc.) would you guys recommend I purchase? (ebay links would be nice)

Thanks in advance
(28-05-2014, 06:32 AM)ricktendo Wrote: I cannot log into my modem (I get this error,) here are the details:

Don't use internet explorer.
Firefox (also in screenshot gives gif error) & Chrome (from within android) as well, not just IE
Something on your computer or router is interfering with it most likely.
What about the other question, what equipment (cable/interface) to I need to preform the haxorware fw flash on a DPC2100r2 do I need to buy?

ebay links preferably

Edit: OK so I finally gathered up the courage and tried the OneClickFlash method with Haxorware and IT WORKED!!!

Only minor issue is the SEND light is always lit and the RECEIVE only lights up on boot (after that it shuts off.) I guess this has to do with the firmware functionality difference between the SB5101 and the DPC2100r2
(02-06-2014, 01:07 PM)ricktendo Wrote: Only minor issue is the SEND light is always lit and the RECEIVE only lights up on boot (after that it shuts off.) I guess this has to do with the firmware functionality difference between the SB5101 and the DPC2100r2

correct
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******