Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
5101 subscription?
I have this haxorware 5101 modem,, im subscribed to internet service, is it possible to use this modem, it would save me a rental fee.. if it is possible what do the settings need to be on when i give the provider the mac address on it so they can activate it.. thanks
(10-03-2015, 10:20 PM)bakenasty Wrote: I have this haxorware 5101 modem,, im subscribed to internet service, is it possible to use this modem, it would save me a rental fee.. if it is possible what do the settings need to be on when i give the provider the mac address on it so they can activate it.. thanks

depend on your area, try to find out on your internet provider page

some isp are not longer acceptin 2d modems(maybe to avoid something else) they said is because of the new D3 modems capable to use 8 channels, so more faster speed
If your ISP does still use them then the best way to sub it is to flash STOCK firmware back on it and then sub it. Just grab any public stock dump and flash it then just flash your certs on it. Yhis way you don't have to worry about any settings flagging the cmts when it tries to push the signed ISP firm.