Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to ENABLE snmp
I see so may people commenting on snmp is switched off, and alse read, no it is not.. well, if you are sure you cant snmp on your node, login to telnet,

find_command tlv_55

Set to true.. now cpe device controls snmp.

Cya Wink
this canis- Major sound like to me like abmjr............you got the same politics
If you mean you do this on the remote modem so that it can be accessed on your local box, then there are possibly better ways to go about that. For example by spoofing the user access list and manually setting r/w on the target device. Of course none of this will really work here, my ISP for sure is a step ahead and more secured than most ISP's including your UK carrier.

I challenge anyone that thinks they can just easily bypass the ACL on my ISP.

By the way, Nobody is talking about not being able to access SNMP on their OWN device. Not sure if you are attempting to troll or what?

CM/SNMP> tlv_55 1

WARNING: This will be applied to all 3 registered instances!
Do you really want to do this? (yes|no) [no] yes

Instance: BcmSnmpAgent for IF 1, name = 'Vendor CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support' (0x83da21d0)

CPE Management Enabled: 1

Instance: BcmSnmpAgent for IF 6, name = 'emta factory agent' (0x8278a004)

WARNING - unknown command id (458)! Ignoring...

Instance: BcmSnmpAgent for IF 2, name = 'Vendor CPE Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support' (0x82a7152c)

Boohoo?
Why not just set FM on Web IF or set cdPrivateMibEnable.0 int 2/allow_config true, much easier and this way at least I know for sure I have full temp SNMP access on my own devices.
What easier way to enable cpe snmp control than setting tlv_55 to true? This is NOT the factory mode that can also allow CERTAIN snmp access..

It's rather funny the idiot's here that cant read what is in the modem's help, as in cpe CONTROL of snmp.

I found that I can snmp anywhere through my 480, in router mode, and use sniffer's etc with tlv_55 enabled, when off, i get what appear's to be no snmp, and I knw it will be the same everywhere else, troll on that loser's.. get a grip and try to be fuckin constructive, instead of negative receptive pussies. Think you can help? Dont even try to, start fuckin doing!

I'll also add that NMaccess view is a handy function too..

To enable snmp on docsis 3, it's best to edit the dump in hex, then flash.

It's amazing how clean the forum get's when ye scrape the shit of yer screen with them new ignore wipe's..
CM/SNMP> tlv_55 true

WARNING: This will be applied to all 4 registered instances!
Do you really want to do this? (yes|no) [no] y

Instance: BcmSnmpAgent for IF 1, name = 'Vendor CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support' (0x83f7023c)

CPE Management Enabled: 1

Instance: BcmSnmpAgent for IF 3, name = 'Vendor CH Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support' (0x8322f6e8)

Instance: BcmSnmpAgent for IF 5, name = 'CH diag agent' (0x831acb28)

Instance: BcmSnmpAgent for IF 2, name = 'Vendor CPE Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support' (0x8340e668)

CM/SNMP>
this has been bothering me for a while so i guess i'll just ask, did you vote yes or no in the vote
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(06-06-2015, 12:24 PM)Canis-Major Wrote: What easier way to enable cpe snmp control than setting tlv_55 to true? This is NOT the factory mode that can also allow CERTAIN snmp access..

It's rather funny the idiot's here that cant read what is in the modem's help, as in cpe CONTROL of snmp.

I found that I can snmp anywhere through my 480, in router mode, and use sniffer's etc with tlv_55 enabled, when off, i get what appear's to be no snmp, and I knw it will be the same everywhere else, troll on that loser's.. get a grip and try to be fuckin constructive, instead of negative receptive pussies. Think you can help? Dont even try to, start fuckin doing!

It's amazing how clean the forum get's when ye scrape the shit of yer screen with them new ignore wipe's..

What are you going on about dude?? Relax.

First of all this isn't your carrier, what makes you think these simple tricks will work elsewhere? Like someone else said earlier, most likely someone is sleeping on the wheel at your ISP if you can in fact still have access to other customers modems on your local or remote nodes.

If bypassing ACL for SNMP access was as simple as enabling TLV_55, don't you think Rajko or another skilled coder would have implemented that by now? Wait, One or more of those functions is already present there, IPFILTERS is it not?

(06-06-2015, 12:24 PM)Canis-Major Wrote: To enable snmp on docsis 3, it's best to edit the dump in hex, then flash.

Actually that command I posted was copied and pasted from a BCM DOCSIS 3.0 DIAG FIRMWARE not Haxorware, why would I go through the trouble of hex editing and flashing when the shell is already there?

I did a simple test last night, I enabled factory mode on a D3 BCM modem on my node, for the hell of it and because I personally test everything I say and DO set TLV_55 = 1 just like you said. I still couldn't reach said modem from my subbed device, heck I went as far as spoofing my originating IP from a nmaccess on open r/w list and I made zero difference on while sniffing traffic on Wireshark.

You're calling people idiots, yet it sounds like I already know more than you know about SNMP security on my carrier. What else am I missing here?
its abmjr that thing........
(06-06-2015, 11:17 PM)drewmerc Wrote: this has been bothering me for a while so i guess i'll just ask, did you vote yes or no in the vote

Neither, I do not vote for masonic institutions that force volunteering instead of being paid to work.. Smile

CG3000D> cd s

Active Command Table: SNMP Commands (snmp)

CM -> snmp

CG3000D/SNMP> tlv_55

COMMAND: tlv_55

USAGE: tlv_55 [enable]

DESCRIPTION:
Enable/disable SNMP management from the CPE. An SnmpCpeAccessEnable (TLV-55)
equivalent.

EXAMPLES:
tlv_55 true

Edit: The above speak's for itself. How many 'tester's' out there have noticed that this also allows sniffer's to sniff through a wifi router? Remember when a lot of folks say, you cant do this through a router, best using modem only? Tada!!
(06-06-2015, 11:17 PM)drewmerc Wrote: this has been bothering me for a while so i guess i'll just ask, did you vote yes or no in the vote

It took me about 5 minutes to realize what you were referring to. LOL!

Heterosexuality shall prevail, IMO.