Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once again 6120 MAC Certs and Flash.
Hi...
Now I'm using Thomson DCM475 provided by ISP. I found better deal for cable service and switched to a different provider they will connect me in couple of weeks, but they want 115 for their 6120 modem, so I decided to buy modem.
Bought from hand and when provided MAC to ISP they told me that I can't use this mac because it is registered for user whose service was disconnected but still in their database, I had one sb5100 and give them it's mac ans serial but in system they have it as 6120.
Didn't know what to do with 6120 so decide to reflash it to put firmware what will allow me to set mac and serial from my 5100.
Read some info saw that I will need Jtag that I don't have thought about serial (read that maybe I will need noisy bootloader) but I have new revision of the board so there is no serial possible for me. But I have arduino :-) wrote seprog in it used flashtool unsoldered SPI dumped flash replaced u-boot, booth images.
And the most strange thing that modem booted and I saw forceware gui i used 1.1
I'm still not connected to new isp so decided to replace Thomson to see if it works wrote serial and mac changed MFG Cert to Thomson in Modem MFG also wrote Thomson. But couldn't get internet working receiving an internal IP from ISP but there is something wrong with setup I missed something...
If I read more I can find it but maybe someone can point me where can be the problem to save my time. and what's the deal with certs they can be also blocked by ISP ? and what's the Thomson Modem MFG and can I use it with motorola certs ? And when I replace modem for my new ISP and simply put mac and serial from 5100 will it work right away ?

Thank you.
Maybe someone can point me where I can find this info, still can't make it connect.
Way too many questions, but to surmise.. you bought a 6120, so we're talking about a 6120, 2nd hand? Someone is clearly not paying their bill, as in 2nd hand box, you bought it, and your 5100 with mac from a 6120, so you want to put mac from 5100 to 6120, wow, too much scrolling to even get to the point here, like, pmsl... you flashed 6120 with forceware, and are in process of switching isp's.

Sound's like you know what your doing, why ask so many questions when it may just be wait till you swapped isp's and KNOW you have a working line (to start with lol)

Everything else tells me you know enough to get on.
Thanks for response I thought that I will be ignored :-)
I was confused when I couldn't get 6120 to work instead of Thomson DCM475 even if I choose thomson certs serial and mac.
does forceware have certs incorporated and why people try to copy certs from one modems to another ?
Well, it's like this, using any hacked firmware, your cert's are probably invalid, so take cert's from a paid for modem, put them in 'tester' with their respective mac, and away you go, ya hope Wink
New ISP connected it's service but modefied modem is not getting internet, so they block not only Mac and serial but also certs ?
and is strange that my old 5100 whose serial and Mac I gave also not working so they also check modem version and firmware.
My only choise is to get certs from 5100 is there any other possibility , maybe to generate them ...
If the isp see's your using cert's that are not origional, they wont be able to connect you, wether they switch you on or not.

5100's are EOL (end of life) and isp wont want them on the line, and the chance's of getting an updated firmware with valid cvc for this is probably zero, although you could attempt updating the cvc, but your best option is to correct the 6120 by loading up the origional firmware, did you make a backup? Probably not, so you wont have origional cert's..

Maybe find a good 8mb dump of a 6120, and then try register mac with isp, using origional stock firmware, just to see if isp has even connected you, chance's are your paying for a service already, that you aint getting.. why not ask them to send you another sb?
I have full bump of my original firmware... and as I understood when I'm writing force ware into flash it keeps original certs ? or do I need to load always certs after I load forceware.
and are this certs somehow attacked to mac, serial or to model version ?
Thx.
For certs as I understood they don't have any attachment to mac and serial only after ISP registers them. so theoretically I can take any certs upload them to modem and it should work because this will be first registration(Can I use SB5100 certs or maybe there exist program that can grab certs from fulldump (not hexeditor)).

I replayed in same time as you respond. I thought that certs are synchronized with mac and serial only after registration.
(07-07-2015, 01:57 PM)-=xXx=- Wrote: For certs as I understood they don't have any attachment to mac and serial only after ISP registers them. so theoretically I can take any certs upload them to modem and it should work because this will be first registration(Can I use SB5100 certs or maybe there exist program that can grab certs from fulldump (not hexeditor)).

I replayed in same time as you respond. I thought that certs are synchronized with mac and serial only after registration.

If you have origional dump of the 6120, flash that back to 6120, but if my memory serve's me correct (wether it's this or the other 2 you spoke of) that came pre flashed, if it's the 6120 and was previously flashed by a modder/tester, your cert's are probably bad.. I would put the 5100mod or fersca (show's something no other firmware does) onto the 5100 and try spoofing to get onto the docsis one network, but if your a paying customer, then buy a genuine 6120 that has not been tampered with and register that, leaving the one you got to practice on, cause what used to work on the 5100 is pretty much useless now, bar an stb speed..

Latest firmware or not, to the isp's, 5100 are EOL.

If you can save a copy of non-vol from 5100 and it's origional, use sbtools to extract cert's, load them to the 6120.

Keep in mind, they can see a 1x1 modem registering on an 8x4 channel network.