Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No longer able to force configs TWC
Well it looks like the hammer has finally fallen, Forcing configs is a thing of the past here in my area of so cal with TWC. Im surprised it took this long, not to worry, there are still ways, but that was just too damn easy! All good things must come to an end! Now the real party begins.
No change in my area yet, but I was one of the last areas to get the MAXX upgrade, so I expect security will roll out in a similar order. I'm actually surprised, it seemed like they were just going to ignore security entirely and let another company deal with after a sale/merger. Considering how many people still struggled to test with the current ancient security, I'm not looking forward to all the posts as this rolls out. I am kind of looking forward to poking at their upgraded security though, it was a constant battle back and forth with my old ISP and I've grown lazy and not kept up since moving here.

It'll be nice to see a drop in craigslist posts, if nothing else...
I havent got any letter yet to swap out my D2 modem so Im curious to see if thats coming soon.
TWC will not phase out D2 totally, many cable boxes use it for Tru2Way, and it would cost a fortune to replace them, however, they will phase out D1.0/D1.1. Hell more than half the hub/node monitoring gear is D2.... the thing to be looking at is 16x4 modems, as they won't issue a config of anything over ~220/20 to a 8x4 because it would fuck with channel downstream QoS.

Welcome to Unified!