Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cisco DTA 170HD
Anybody knows how to read the firmware from Cisco DTA 170HD by using UsbjtagNt or Usb Blackcat?

Thanks in advance !
Yes, spi mode you connect your bcusb or usbjtag to the pins on the board like so

[Image: 7LDb5n0.jpg]
Please detail little more about the name of the chip and how to wire it to blackcat.

Thanks a lot !
Helps if you have external 3.3v power, I have a BlackFlash USB which comes with a BlackCat USB and USB to TTL together, I grab the 3.3v from the latter and apply this to the VCC SPI pin, the rest SI to SO, SO to SI, SCLK to SCLK, CS to CS and GND to GND like the diagram shows (make sure you flash bcusb with spi avr firmware beforehand)

[Image: ctHPI0G.png]

Then you power up bcusb (leave the dta powerd off) and bcusb should power and detect the chip

BTW I think the spi chip is a Winbond if I am not mistaken, its usually the one with paint on it

Edit: just remembered, if you don't have a usb to ttl to grab 3.3 or 5v from, you can always use the voltage selector pins from the bcusb like I described how here, or if you have the new fcusb pcb 2.1 you can grab the power from the underside
Thanks a lot but maybe:

BlackCat SO -> Chip Pin 2 SO
BlackCat SI -> Chip Pin 5 SI

right?
No, unlike JTAG for SPI (like with Serial) you connect SO (Out) to SI (In) and vice versa
Actually I have a UsbJtagNT so I've mapped you schema on it. It will be great if you can post a schema for UsbJtagNt.

Thanks a lot !
Don't have a usbjtag nt, but you can find the soic 8 pinout here (please ignore the shorting/soldering part!)

Do you have any way to get 3.3v or 5v externally?

If you don't you can tap 5v from your usbjtag nt in this location and apply this to VCC to power the chip

BTW check your PM inbox
Sure, I have one UsbJtagNT and I will try it.

Thanks again
were you able to read and write this box with usbjtagnt? what pinout did you use?