Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Premod stuck at obtaining ip PLEASE HELP
New Premod stuck at "Obtaining IP"

hey everyone

Im new to the modding of modems so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been buying premods from ebay and never one problem from the first 4. Then I bought 2 more from a single ebayer. One works great, the other will not connect to the internet. Its gets stuck at "obtaining ip" or something like that. The status is "ranging complete"

The only things I have done to the modem is changed a few settings that I seen were recommended from other threads (disable t4 timeouts, force ip, ect...). So basically, I have all the settings the same as the rest of the modems iv bought and it still does not work.

Haxorware rev 39 is installed btw

I have a jtag to parallel cord in case I need to re-mod it, but i have never modded one. I have solarwinds and putty downloaded.

Is there a way to get this modem working within the page 192.168.100.1 or do I need to reflash the modem?
just because you cross posted like an idiot i'm going to ask if you got these modems from an official licensed seller
if not ask your seller
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I cross posted in an effort to get a quick reply. I bought them from Moto-Modz. They are supposed to be a licensed retailer. I have contacted them, they told me to send it back for replacement. I would rather not pay shipping and fix it a.s.a.p. instead

I tried to update the firmware from the Web GUI and not it is acting like its bricked.

It will turn on, all lights flash, then no lights. The pc activity light works but that is it.

Any ideas? A tutorial on flashing over pjtag would be awesome.
damn approved seller i so wanted to ignore you crossposting is very bad on small forums
anyways if it was me first take a full backup of the non-working modem and the non-vol
then backup the nonvol from the working one and upload it to the non-working one (this will make it an exact copy of the working one)
if this dont work it's screwed then you'll need to send it back
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Yea im pretty sure I tried that already. Its didnt work so i tried updating the firmware to rev 39 lite and now it w2ont even boot up anymore so i can either reflash or send it back. I dont know how to flash over PJtag (Parallel to Jtag) so I guess ill probably send it back