Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
increasing speeds
(18-03-2016, 08:55 PM)Texmex Wrote: Depending of the ISP, old modems, very old ones, had SSH and even telnet activated but that's not the case anymore. Unless you install HW or an original firmware allowing telnet I don't see how it can be possible however I'm not an expert

(15-03-2016, 06:55 AM)jd02902 Wrote:
(15-02-2016, 08:53 AM)docsis_killer Wrote:
(15-02-2016, 01:31 AM)deadsled Wrote: Can I just clone the info from one modem to another and be good to go or is it going to require something more in depth?

Well ya if you have the certs too...you just just do a full dump of a modem if you have physical access to it and then write it into another modem, If not you'd need to get certs over SNMP (Not Possible Anymore) But ya you can You Just need Certs Too

Is there any way to dump the clone firmware from a subbed SB5101U CM to a non-subbed without opening it up to spi program it? Is there a way to telnet or ssh into the non-subbed CM that doesn't contain the haxoware firmware? Most of my reading has pointed to the need of a custom noisy firmware to allow telnet session or am I wrong on this?

Thanks for the info Tex