Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web firmware update GUI
Hey guys, my first post and I'm asking for help, sorry about that!
I am so frustrated trying to upload a firmware through the GUI that I know is correct in size etc but it keeps telling me that i have selected an invalid file and no changes have been made. Is there any reason in particular that it is not accepting the file? Is there another setting somewhere I have to change in order to use this method?

I really am stuck and I would be so grateful if someone out there could explain a bit about this and how I can get this to work, surely there must be an explanation why this file works for others and not for me.

Many thanks for all your help!
version of your firmware and the version your updating to will be helpful
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(04-02-2010, 12:22 AM)drewmerc Wrote: version of your firmware and the version your updating to will be helpful

Hi there thanks for your reply, the version I have on my ambit 250 is 1.0rc3 and the version on my surfboard 5101e is 1.0rc6.

I am trying to update the firmware through the web GUI to version 1.1rev 39 and I also tried 1.1 rev 38, I am trying to flash with dumps from working modems as mine is down and I have tried downloading the haxorware firmware from different sources I just keep getting the error message saying that I have selected an invalid file.

I really hope that someone can help me do this or explain why I keep getting this error many thanks for all your help!!

Cheers!!
read the instructions included you cant update to 1.1 from 1.0 in the gui use telnet
__________________________________________________________________________________
thanks for your help drewmerc, I am an idiot. At least I know now though. I thought it was something i was doing wrong. Is it possible to use telnet with windows 7? By telnet you mean hyperterminal? I keep getting a blank screen with hyperterminal with a max232 serial from com1 hooked up to the ambit modem. I don't know if its the version of hyperterminal I.m using though as I had to download it as it does not come as part of windows any longer.

Cheers for getting back to me I appreciate it!
you dont need to use a max cable you need to follow the instructions for Upgrading from previous shelled firmware (infinite) or Haxorware 1.0

Set your computers ip to 192.168.100.10
Set up a TFTP server with haxorware11revXX-XXXX.bin in its root
Make sure the haxorware webgui isn't currently open
Connect to modem with hyperterminal or telnet to the IP 192.168.100.1
Enter your username and password
cd /ip
ipconfig 1 release
y
dload -i 1 -l -f 192.168.100.10 haxorware11revXX-XXXX.bin
y
cd /
reset
Thanks again for your help with this, I went and tried what you suggested and I couldnt get it to work, here is what I done.

I connected the modem to the computer via ethernet and had the power in. I went to internet protocol 4 and changed the pc ip to 192.168.100.10 and the subnet mask i left at the 255 address and the third box at 192.168.100.1 and saved these settings. I then opened up tftpd32 and made sure that the 192.168.100.10 is in the top box i made sure the file I wasnt to flash the modem with is in the correct root in tftpd32 and then I opened hyperterminal and created a new connection, i set it to tcp/ip (winsock) and in the port box I changed it from 23 to 69 as it says listening to 69 in tftpd32.

I entered 192.168.100.1 in the host address box and then that was the hyperterminal settings finished I believe. I clicked on connect and then it tells me it cannot connect to 192.168.100.1 on port 69. I tried different address's and ports and I tried the same things on pumpkin and putty.

I'm really trying hard here with this and your help with this is worth it because then it means all my time and efforts will be worth it once I eventually manage to make a connection and flash a modem for once in my life!

Please dont give up on my yet I think I'm nearly there!

Many thanks!

Cheers!!!
[quote]i set it to tcp/ip (winsock) and in the port box I changed it from 23 to 69 as it says listening to 69 in tftpd32./[quote]
leave at 23 as this is the telnet port and try again
I'm afraid I still couldnt connect with it on 23 and the address set to 192.168.100.1 in tcp/ip winsock. It keeps coming up unable to connect. I had a good look into the ip settings in windows and its definitely all set up ok there, I even let it obtain automatically and then I tried using the ip address it came back with and still no connection. It can't be any of the cables because Im using them now with my subbed modem.
I'm new to using tftp and hyperterminal it seems so straightforward and yet not at the same time.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong mate?

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!
have you enabled telnet in the webgui