Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bricked 6121
Just got bored and trying to ressurect a 6121 that I bricked a few months ago, flashed it with the dump I made with my jtagnt and all I get is the power light on, and the 1st DS/US light flashing blue along with the Ethernet light flashing Blue, so basically top and bottom lights flashing blue and nothing else. I tried reflashing the boot, still no success, when I get into modem config page it doesnt show the modem even attempting to boot but I can see the Motorola page.

It all started with a good working modem, flashed forceware 1.4b2 did some magic and all was well, then one day the power went out and the modem never came back online, so I reflashed with stock, then with force, nada. Now we are at the flashing lights. I even tried another dump. Any ideas? I dont really care about the modem but I enjoy a challenge, and this one certainly has me stumped.
What's up ModemBricker,
Living up to your name i see. Smile

It sounds like something that happened to me. Start mode was not set to online. Not sure if that's your case.
Did you try connecting the modem without forceware to see if you get to the activation page? Do you get normal lights then?
(25-07-2016, 06:47 PM)geoneo111 Wrote: What's up ModemBricker,

It sounds like something that happened to me. Start mode was not set to online. Not sure if that's your case.
Did you try connecting the modem without forceware to see if you get to the activation page? Do you get normal lights then?

Indeed living up to my name. Yeah I flashed a stock dump back to it and it does not come online, just the 2 flashing lights, then when I flash forceware and set it to "online" it boots up then the light right above the ethernet light flashes rapidly, but green in color, and I cannot access modem via browser or ssh.
(25-07-2016, 07:47 PM)modembricker Wrote:
(25-07-2016, 06:47 PM)geoneo111 Wrote: What's up ModemBricker,

Indeed living up to my name. Yeah I flashed a stock dump back to it and it does not come online, just the 2 flashing lights, then when I flash forceware and set it to "online" it boots up then the light right above the ethernet light flashes rapidly, but green in color, and I cannot access modem via browser or ssh.
did you connect to the serial port to see what's actually going on?
sounds like the cmts is killing the dhcp lease; the question is why?
[Image: bender_dance_animate.gif] buena suerte consiguiendo este un folladoras [Image: bender_dance_animate.gif]
also sounds like the forceware bug that causes the nvram to be wiped, again, serial if it has it is a good place to start.