Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sb5101 restarts when using a router
I have a sb5101 with version 1.1 rev. 39. When I have the computer connected directly to the modem, everything is fine. When I connect a router to the computer and modem, the modem restarts whenever it reaches the IP Complete status. Anyone know what I need to change or fix?
(10-02-2010, 08:04 AM)pytyhon1564 Wrote: I have a sb5101 with version 1.1 rev. 39. When I have the computer connected directly to the modem, everything is fine. When I connect a router to the computer and modem, the modem restarts whenever it reaches the IP Complete status. Anyone know what I need to change or fix?

Try changing Router MAC
I changed the router MAC to my PC MAC address. I'll see how long this works.

I wonder what caused it to stop working, cuz it was fine for almost a year without changing the MAC.

EDIT: It started the restart cycle again after 20 minutes. Changing router MAC didn't work. The only way it works is if I connect the computer directly to the modem, which leads me to believe the router is causing the trouble.
i personaly wouldnt recommend using a router as it tensds to cause conflicts on the line but you could always trying to get the revision 38 new firmware and try that as revision 39 is known to be unstable you never know mite be worth a try
Ok well I had it running for 2 days and it was fine. I found the problem.

The modem shuts off and restarts only when using utorrent for more than an hour. If I dont use utorrent, it stays on. If anyone knows why that would happen, I would really appreciate it.
it's a well documented problem you can try using the lite version of the firmware which should help
or upgrade the ram (which is hard)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I'll give it a shot and report back tomorrow after testing
So I reflashed the modem, and it was working fine all day yesterday with utorrent. Today it restarted after about 2 hours. I noticed it only happens when I leave the computer alone. If I'm using it, everything is ok.
you sure it's the modem and not the router
telnet to the modem and leave it running while you go away from the computer and save the output of the telnet session
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Yesterday the same thing happened while i was connected directly to the modem. If I leave utorrent running, and I leave, the modem restarted after 2 hours. If I don't have utorrent running, it was fine.

1) I suspected that it is Comcrap's sandvine system, but I've read reports that bypassing that is not necessary anymore. Can you confirm this?

2) Could it possibly be caused by forcing a config file from comcrap, as opposed to autoserving a locally saved one?

I don't use telnet normally, so what commands would I use to show and save the output?