Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Docsis 3 and Forceware
Hi know this isnt' the forceware forum but was told I can probably get some help here.
I have a SB5121 running Haxoware. Everything's good I can get on some days maximum speed from it 30 megs

I got this new Docsis 3 motorola modem from Ebay with Forceware. I know Docsis 3 service is in my area because I also have a Docsis 3 modem from the ISP running
I would like to know how to program this to get the maximum speed available
please and thanks
G
Hi there guys, I've hooked up the forceware SB6121 modem
it's not syncing
I'm not finding a place to enter like a config file etc
Would appreciate some help
thanks
(17-12-2016, 04:40 AM)positiveg Wrote: Hi know this isnt' the forceware forum but was told I can probably get some help here.
I have a SB5121 running Haxoware. Everything's good I can get on some days maximum speed from it 30 megs

I got this new Docsis 3 motorola modem from Ebay with Forceware. I know Docsis 3 service is in my area because I also have a Docsis 3 modem from the ISP running
please and thanks
G

How you program is entirely depends on the testing you need to do with your network setup.

What testing are you doing?
(26-12-2016, 11:31 AM)occalifornia Wrote:
(17-12-2016, 04:40 AM)positiveg Wrote: Hi know this isnt' the forceware forum but was told I can probably get some help here.

please and thanks
G

How you program is entirely depends on the testing you need to do with your network setup.

What testing are you doing?

Well with my old haxoware modem I used to scan network for other macs with higher DL speeds etc n clone Mac get config etc.
Now don't know what testing to do with the docsis 3
Try using your old modem to scan for certs, once you find certs, apply them to your D3 modem.
(26-12-2016, 05:51 PM)modembricker Wrote: Try using your old modem to scan for certs, once you find certs, apply them to your D3 modem.

thanks how do i do that though?
(11-02-2017, 02:59 AM)positiveg Wrote:
(26-12-2016, 05:51 PM)modembricker Wrote: Try using your old modem to scan for certs, once you find certs, apply them to your D3 modem.

thanks how do i do that though?

Get the permission of your network administrator, and then use a tool on your computer which is connected to the modem. Most tools utilize SNMP.
Has anyone successfully scanned with SNMP on Alpha3.0 or forceWare? I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable IP filters on either of them.
(14-02-2017, 05:33 AM)sforzando Wrote: Has anyone successfully scanned with SNMP on Alpha3.0 or forceWare? I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable IP filters on either of them.

If only there was an option "Filters" under WAN settings *cough DOCSIS Filters*..
(14-02-2017, 07:56 PM)occalifornia Wrote: If only there was an option "Filters" under WAN settings *cough DOCSIS Filters*..

I read somewhere that option doesn't work. I tried disabling filters in forceWare but snmpwalk/snmpget still times out, even when trying to do a snmpget to 192.168.100.1.

I'm going to try setting a static IP or try an older model like sb5100 and disable filters manually via telnet to see if that makes any difference.