Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Real Talk
Ever since SBhacker went down, I've found no good beginner guides with updated info on how to properly set up a modem on a network. I think it's about time the veterans put together a guide for the noobs, so there aren't so many questions. I'm afraid this site is dying, but a good document can be shared anywhere. I know there are a lot of intelligent people on here. Let's not let the knowledge die out. I know standards are much different and many ISPs have ramped up security lately, but I have a feeling many of you know things that aren't posted on this site through personal research and whatnot. Let's get a good general guide started. Any thoughts?
The moment such a guide is published, ISPs will patch the holes, and the author will be sued. I guarantee it..
(07-02-2017, 06:45 AM)occalifornia Wrote: The moment such a guide is published, ISPs will patch the holes, and the author will be sued. I guarantee it..

Yea you can say that again, publishing a Fix would be very bad.

(07-02-2017, 02:07 AM)throwawayfastcert Wrote: Ever since SBhacker went down, I've found no good beginner guides with updated info on how to properly set up a modem on a network. I think it's about time the veterans put together a guide for the noobs, so there aren't so many questions. I'm afraid this site is dying, but a good document can be shared anywhere. I know there are a lot of intelligent people on here. Let's not let the knowledge die out. I know standards are much different and many ISPs have ramped up security lately, but I have a feeling many of you know things that aren't posted on this site through personal research and whatnot. Let's get a good general guide started. Any thoughts?

Why don't you think outside the box and figure it out on your own? It's not very hard at all when you think about it for any ISP out there, Different fixes for different ISP'S but over all it can be done.
So where do noobies start? I only want to do testing, just don't know where to start.
(05-12-2017, 09:46 AM)cheapsuit Wrote: So where do noobies start? I only want to do testing, just don't know where to start.

Well you can start here, reading a lot.
(05-12-2017, 09:46 AM)cheapsuit Wrote: So where do noobies start? I only want to do testing, just don't know where to start.

Buy a modem, flash it, and plug it in. Read your system logs, google / search the error messages.

read, test, fix, repeat. Heart