Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB and Recv Lights flash together - but says online
Sad 
Hi, I have an Ambit 250 that was working until today when my iron tripped out my electric.
Now the modem (hax 1.1/39) says online but isn't and the USB and Recv lights flash together even though i do not use USB i connect on Ethernet.

anyone come across this problem yet?

After some messing around - the mac it seems is causing that problem not the modem ???? make of it what you will

if i change the mac and it comes online properly but with registration page, but the lights behave normally
so it's something to do with the mac i was using - and i know was working ok until power cycling it.
it still gives the same info for the modem - i.e same internal ip address and tftp tod etc, but does not give ip address to nic and lights flash together 1sec on 1 sec off recurring cycle.
still working on it.

Well something obviously weired going on my area as i have just tried my spare 255 and it too says online but isn't. it shows the correct details in the overview page for a connection but it flashes the recv light as though it was ranging. and no ip is passed to the nic.
This is a totally separate mac address that should work properly too.
as with the 250 if an incorrect or invalid mac is entered the modem does go online but only as far as the ntl reg page. but the lights are normal.

It seems that if i have a valid mac i get this error on either the 250 or 255 modems

any ideas?
i have had this problem a few times its the mac has been moved to the docsis 1.1 system and so u r unable to use it or its in the process of been moved