Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haxorware HTTP config page disabled
Hi,

Seems to be a new wave of counter measures in my country. Has been plain sailing for years.

But yesterday mine everyone else i know modems got knocked out, the strange thing is the Haxorware HTTP page is now no longer accessable. Just a blank page appears.

I can still access the Haxoreware telnet daemon but HTTP seems to have been diabled.

I have relashed my ambit 250 with the latest hax but it is still the same.

I thought at 1st it would be similar to what happened in the Uk 2 years ago where virgin used the default infinite logon to brick clones.

But in my case the modem still boots fine, and can lock downstream.

Any ideas.

TIA
you need to unplug the coax to login to the web page i'd guess they disabled it with an oid within the config
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(26-08-2011, 09:35 PM)drewmerc Wrote: you need to unplug the coax to login to the web page i'd guess they disabled it with an oid within the config

Have tried, still no joy.

I havnt been able to ge the modem back online, have had to sue Haxorware mac changer to change mac via telnet.

Tried doing a factory reset with the program aswell, says it was successfull but still the same problem.
well what your saying is not possible
there's no external telnet on the wan side (stopping the infinite problem) and the memory is write protected (as long as disable firmware update is ticked) only way they can block the webpage is via a config OID which unplugging the coax and rebooting solves (yes when you plug the coax back in it will be blocked again)
so that removes them doing it (unless i'm proved wrong, which does happen)

so what i would do is backup the nonvol with jtag, then flash a 2mb haxor dump and then flash the backed up nonvol back to the modem
(i over simplified as if it was me i would backup the nonvol, flash a stock 2mb dump,flash the nonvol, connect to the isp and let it update and then flash a lite version of haxor and set it up from scratch, but thats me the above should do just the same)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******