Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
EPC2100 - no downstream lock
Hi all,

I have Haxorware v1.1-r39-diag (tried lite version also) up and running on my EPC 2100 (bcm3349), however, I can't even get it to acquire downstream channel (it's scanning constantly...). I've tried every possible combination of annex/plan/bpi setting, manually edited correct downstream frequency (738MHz) via gui, but no luck...
Modem is working correctly when restored to factory firmware. My provider is AS31042.

I'd appreciate if someone could point me out on the things that I could be missing.

Thank you!
need logs to understand where your going wrong
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Here it is.

Thanks.

Attached Files
.txt   epclog.txt (Size: 10.89 KB / Downloads: 97)
wow that was useless telnet log needed
__________________________________________________________________________________
I'm not sure if this is going to help either, as I said, modem is constantly scanning for a downstream lock. Log below is only a fraction, but it just keeps repeating..

Is there any other low level log I could export?

Attached Files
.txt   epclog2.txt (Size: 9.14 KB / Downloads: 61)
Before you start, download and install putty:

Code:
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe

Method 1 is preferred in all cases, method 2 looks worse than it is lol.

Method 1) Using MAX232

Remove power from the modemConnect your MAX232 adapter to the modem header and the PC. This guide assumes you're using COM1.

Open Putty. Click the logging section of the settings panel. Select the following options:

Session logging: All session output
Click 'browse' and browse to your desktop folder.
Filename: putty.txt
'Always overwrite it'
Untick 'flush log file frequently'

Click back onto the 'session' section of the settings panel:

Connection type: Serial
Serial line: COM1
Speed: 115200
Close window on exit: Never

Click 'open', then plug the power into the modem.
You should see the boot process and connection attempt appear.

Wait for about 20s after the connection has reached the failure point, then close putty and it'll save the txt log as putty.txt on your desktop.

Method 2) Using ethernet or USB (USB requires that USB drivers are correctly installed)

Remove power from the modem.

Set manual NIC IP 192.168.100.10.

Open Putty. Click the 'session' section of the settings panel:

Connection type: Telnet
Host Name: 192.168.100.1
Port: 23

Power up the modem. Wait 15 seconds, then click 'open' in putty.
Enter username and password, press enter.

Ignore any crap coming up in the window, it may look like you can't type but you can. May help if you just don't look at the screen

Type this, pressing enter at the end of each line:

cd doc
up_dis

cd /
cd n/b
auto_console 1
write

Note: The lines above are correct for modems based on the BCM3349 (A250/A255/A256/SB5101/Webstar 2100). If you're using a BCM3348 modem (A200/SB5100) the line 'cd n/b' changes to 'cd n/c'.

This tells the modem to halt at the console. Close putty and reboot modem using power cable.

When you reboot it, it won't try to connect at first, so you have time to set putty to log all console output to txt before connecting.

Open Putty. Click the logging section of the settings panel. Select the following options:

Session logging: All session output
Click 'browse' and browse to your desktop folder.
Filename: putty.txt
'Always overwrite it'
Untick 'flush log file frequently'

Click back onto the 'session' section of the settings panel:

Connection type: Telnet
Host Name: 192.168.100.1
Port: 23

Click 'open', enter username and password and press enter. Type 'run' and press enter. The modem will try to connect.

Wait for about 20s after the connection has reached the failure point, then close putty and it'll save the txt log as putty.txt on your desktop.

Once you've finished you'll need to set auto_console back to 0 in telnet, or you'll have to type 'run' every time you reboot modem.
Third time lucky... :)

Attached Files
.txt   putty.txt (Size: 60.44 KB / Downloads: 144)
wow totally underwhelmed by that
so you say it works what flashed back to stock so i guess only thing to try is to extract the nonvol from the stock dump and flash that to haxor
I'm having a similar problem, i have 2 modems one spare and one i use regularly.

My main one is working fine , my spare one is having problems... it locks onto a downstream, ranges, gets config from dhcp server etc.

The problem occurs when it parses the config file data, it's tellin my modem to switch to 331khz frequency and my modem cant lock at the downstream frequency. Any idea why this modem won't lock onto that frequency? (It has done previously but not for the passed couple of months).

My other modem works fine at that frequency, they both have the same haxorware firmware and nonvol settings.

Note: They're both EPC2100R2's and only one is plugged in at once never both, so im confused, could this be a problem with the hardware (defect?)..

Quote:Starting Tftp of configuration file...
Opening file '<configname_removed>' on <ip_removed> for reading...
tftp-enforce bypass is DISABLED
Storing received cfg of size 68 to memory
Tftp transfer complete!
TFTP Settings:
Stack Interface = 1
Server Ip Address = <removed_ip>
Server Port Number = 69
Total Blocks Read = 1
Total Bytes Read = 68

Config file was read! IP Initialization completed...

* Config file told us to go to DsFreq 331000000 Hz!
* We are currently at 323000000 Hz...

Time Of Day completed...
DefaultSnmpAgentClass::SystemTimeChangeEvent for SB5102 CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support
Not logging event ID 2436694032, control for level 7 is 0.
Not logging event ID 2291949524, control for level 7 is 0.
Not logging event ID 2291949324, control for level 7 is 0.
Deleting DOCSIS 1.0 CoS Settings for SID 0xa10
0x00014794 [CmDocsisCtlThread] BcmDocsisCmHalIf:Big GrineleteAllServiceFlows: (DOCSIS CableModem HalIf) Deleting all Upstream and Downstream Service Flows, along with associated Classifiers and PHS rules...
Stopping DHCP/ToD/TFTP (client requested)...
The ToD thread was stopped.
DHCPc: Releasing the lease with client id htype=1, value=<hidden_dhcp_mac>
DHCPc: Sending Release packet; client id htype=1, value=<hidden_dhcp_mac>
0x0001479e [DHCP Client Thread] BcmDhcpClientIf::SendDhcpPacket: (DHCP ClientIf for IP Stack1) WARNING - Failed to send packet!
0x0001479e [DHCP Client Thread] BcmDhcpClientIf::SendRelease: (DHCP ClientIf for IP Stack1) WARNING - Failed to create/send Release packet! Oh, well, no biggie...
0x0001479e [DHCP Client Thread] BcmEcosIpHalIf::RemoveLeaseImpl: (IP Stack1 HalIf) Removing lease IP address <ip_removed> from IP stack 1
0x000147a8 [DHCP Client Thread] BcmEcosIpHalIf::RemoveLeaseImpl: (IP Stack1 HalIf) This is the last address on the stack; shutting the stack down:numberOfAddresses=1
0x000147a8 [DHCP Client Thread] BcmEcosIpHalIf::ShutdownIpStackImpl: (IP Stack1 HalIf)
Shutting down IP stack 1
SB5102 CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support IpStackEvent: Ip=0.0.0.0, Subnet=0.0.0.0, Gateway=0.0.0.0
DefaultSnmpAgentClass::RestartPendingEvent for SB5102 CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support
SB5102 CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support resetting to default state.
SB5102 CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support destroying users...
Pausing trap thread
SB5102 CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support destroying notifies...
Resuming trap thread
SB5102 CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support destroying views...
SB5102 CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support sending deferred traps...
Done w/ deferred traps.
SB5102 CM Event Log w/ BRCM Factory Support sending deferred async messages...
Done w/ deferred msgs
SB5102 CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support defering traps.
SB5102 CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support setting V1/V2 view to unrestricted
SB5102 CPE Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support setting V1/V2 view to docsisCpeView
Non-Vol Settings successfully written to the device.
0x000148a2 [CmDocsisCtlThread] BcmCmDocsisCtlThread::ResetRngState: (CmDocsisCtlThread)

@@@@@ In ResetRngState, fRemainingInitRngPowerSteps 17
0x000148a2 [Scan Downstream Thread] BcmVendorCmDownstreamScanThread::ThreadMain: (Scan Downstream Thread) Downstream Channel scan stopped!
NonVolDeviceDriver::NonVolDriverWrite: WARNING - Current segment size < buffer size! Increasing the segment size!
0x000148b6 [Scan Downstream Thread] BcmVendorCmDownstreamScanThread::ThreadMain: (Scan Downstream Thread) Scanning for a Downstream Channel...

mot_scanList: Setting override freq @ 331000000
Scanning DS Channel at 331000000 Hz... (Initial target freq)
Found energy at frequency 331000000Hz! Publishing event kEventEnergyDetected...
mot_scanList: Using override freq @ 331000000
Attempting Downstream FEC lock @ freq= 331000000 Hz, QAM64/256

CM> Go back to 1st favorite
Attempting Downstream FEC lock @ freq= 90000000 Hz, QAM64
Attempting Downstream FEC lock @ freq= 98000000 Hz, QAM64
Attempting Downstream FEC lock @ freq= 106000000 Hz, QAM64
Attempting Downstream FEC lock @ freq= 114000000 Hz, QAM64
Attempting Downstream FEC lock @ freq= 122000000 Hz, QAM64
Attempting Downstream FEC lock @ freq= 130000000 Hz, QAM64
Attempting Downstream FEC lock @ freq= 138000000 Hz, QAM64
if you have dumped the nonvol from the working one to the other and it still dont lock i guess it must be an hardware issue (tho just to satisfy myself i'd do a full 2mb clone as well)