Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some problem with Flash SB5101i over Serial Cable
Hi guys

I need a little help with the process of flashing over serial cable.

I flashed the modem only with the noisy (hacked bootloader for SB5101). Then I can connect serial cable to the console menu by pressing the "p" key.

Configure the IP Board, and entry to the main menu:

Main Menu:
==========
d) Download and save to flash
g) Download and run from RAM
c) Store icePROM bootloader to flash
b) Boot from flash
e) Erase flash sector
m) Set mode
s) Store bootloader parameters to flash
i) Re-init ethernet
r) Read memory
w) Write memory

I choose the option "d", and then configure the TFTP server and the name of flash file.

Board TFTP Server IP Address [192.168.100.10]: Enter TFTP filename [haxorware11rev32.bin]:

This procedure is correct?, That after finishing the flash, the modem is broken and I have to rewrite the bootloader with blackcat.
[Image: dpc2100%20menu1.jpg]

Part. 1 Select option "d" to download a firmware image into the flash. 2 more prompts will then appear, enter your settings accordingly.

[Image: dpc2100r2%20menu2.jpg]

Part 2. After entering this information the modem will download your firmware image into the flash, and will ask you where to store the image, select option 1, then select yes when asked if you want to store an uncompressed image.

[Image: dpc2100%20store%20parameters.jpg]

After storing the image, you will be asked if you want to store parameters to flash. Select no, and your upgrade will be complete.

ripped from the weeby tut here but shits the same http://www.theoryshare.com/cable-modem-m...sole-cable
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Hello

I followed your procedure, and flashing the modem is ok now.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks!