Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lock out from web interface after bad macs UK
Here in the UK docsis3 is here and not available to hack, however there are still plenty of docsis 1.0 macs around if you look about, these are the only macs we can use at this time, i have noticed that if a mac works then i can be pretty sure that any other macs within the same range with the first three segments (xx:xx:xx) will also work, i also noticed that the ip addresses of those macs are very similar, starting 10.80.184..other macs will make the modem light up as if it were online, for about 6 seconds you can access haxorware then you just get page not found and no net connectivity, the only way to get back in is to remove the coax and then reboot modem, this lets you access again, enter another mac and then reinsert coax, if the next mac is bad then you have to do it all again..i have noticed the bad macs have a smaller size on the configs..the working ones are 492 bytes and the non working ones are smaller like 362.

So this isnt to much of a problem except for the fact that there are programs that allow you to inject a notepad file of mac addresses and the program goes about testing each one in turn to see whether they work, however if it gets a bad one then it just halts because the program cant faciltate me removing the coax etc etc...is there anything that can be done about this ? what is the actual cause ? im assuming the isp clocks the mac shouldnt be getting used and does something, im not to up on the cable tech.
yep it's the walledgarden config that blocks access
can you still access telnet? you could mod the script to reboot and change the mac that way or put a switch on the coax to save you from unplugging it
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
The config file sizes I get when online is 416/417.
The ones over 700bytes (in the UK) are not activated. (I put that for newbies)