Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another noob thread, except I'm not too noob.
Instead of asking for spoon fed answers, I would rather have links or something. I just stumbled upon this scene from the network penetration scene, so I'm very knowledgeable. I saw a guy on youtube using tftp to push firmware onto his sb5101. Is this still possible? That would be much better than usb jtaging, because I'm running linux, and I can't get virtual box's usb filters to work, so I can't really use the tools. Just trying to test the water's here.
the guy who tftp'd a firmware to a 5101 must have had the modem in factory mode which is rare
altho a few other haxor compatable modem can be done this way webby/sa/cisco 2100's
jtag is possible under linux but it is a pain in the ass, but usb jtag is very easy (cost is an issue tho)
as there is a linux version of usbjtagnt software
[Image: g6VKI.gif]

as you can see i run debian and virtualbox never worked right for me aswell so i use vmware player
to host a copy of xp (vmware is great once you work out the install command, i had to google it lol)

even if you dont like the sound of both of the above cost or proprietary software (hello richard stallman)
i would suggest a ttl (max232) cable, for this i use an old nokia dku-5 (or dku-42) cable (cheap & usb)
to connect to the internal serial port on a 5101 and flash it via serial/telnet
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Well I have a Windows 7 machine actually, I forgot about that. That would make it easier, and I believe that jtag would be the best route to go here.