Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5101 HELP!!
Hi All,

Resident Techie new modem haxor in a bit of a pinch here, here's the breakdown:

I had a 5101 loaded w R39 of haxorware lying around for a while but never really got around to using it in production, after I set it up I tested it of coarse by configuring it using all of the settings from my modem and it locked signal and worked fine, and then long story short it sat dormant for a while, well on Friday we had some servere thunderstorms in the area and my house got hit ~$600 in equipment damage blah blah, anyway my internet went out, so assuming it was the modem(since my router got cooked & sent a surge through my ethernet network) I pulled this guy out of the closet re-configured it to use my subbed modems HFC mac & all and still no dice, so I played with settings then figured screw it, called the ISP and had them provision the 5101's orig HFC mac, and changed that and still nothing, I have since then checked/unchecked/dbl checked every setting in haxorware to no avail, basically what both modems have done is range downstream no problem but fail at upstream ranging, I know my ISP's channel ID is 2 and with preferred channel as 2 or blank it fails even after letting it sit overnight, my ISP is being no help at the moment they insist it is something inside the house and want to sched an appt while I'm home, problem with that is I won't be home during their business hours until at least Sat, and that's if I cancel my plans on Sat, and even being offline till Sat will kill me, so I'm just looking for any ideas on any potential settings issues with the modem, or even if there's something insanely n00bish that I'll introduce my palm to my face for, I'd even settle for that now.

PS
I'm fairly confident it can't be anything inside the house as inside the house classifies as two RG6 cables running straight from the box outside, one connected to the modem and the other to nothing, and it's not one of those cables as I went outside and swapped the two on the DIU(or whatever the hell the acronym for that splitter/channel filter that's going from RG11 to RG6) and plugged the other one into the modem.
if you have ever changed the mac on your haxorware modem then your certs will fail the new security checks
even if you change back to the original mac only way is to restore the certs from a backup
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Damn, how news the security check, as I didn't have any issues when I did it previously, mind you this is a tiny localized ISP as well, and is there any way of me ripping the certs from the subbed modem without it being able to connect?
whats the make/model of the subbed modem?
if it has jtag trying backing it up
__________________________________________________________________________________
it's a Thompson something or other I'll toy with it when I get home tonight.
lol not helpful