Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-modded modem on my paid for internet connection
Hi All,

Thanks for your help.

I have a really TERRIBLE internet provider called mdu communications. The building I am in has an exclusivity contract. Essentially, they charge 39.99 for 3 mb/s. Terrible.

In any case, I attempted to mod my current 5101i but I am stuck because I bought a 10$ jtag cable that goes to a parallel port. Unfortunately, I have a windows 7 64 bit machine and JtagUtilty will not start due to compatibility with 64 bit and the IO.sys driver. I am downloading a virtual 32 bit instance now. We will see where that goes.

As I was learning (and afraid I might fry my current modem), I also bought a pre-modded 5101i on ebay preloaded with haxorware. I am trying to figure out, how do I get this new one configured as my old one is -- is all I need to have the MAC addresses? OR is there more? Would it be better to call up my isp and tell them my modem burned out and I bought a new one... and then have them configure my "pre-modded" modem?

Thanks all!

Messages In This Thread
Pre-modded modem on my paid for internet connection - by sinusoid - 26-08-2012, 11:34 PM