Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Need Help With Docsis + Certs Please Guys
(19-10-2012, 04:57 PM)ABMJR Wrote: M8,

In the past, the CM (cable modem) had the upper hand and could 'tell" the CMTS/UBR what to "offer" and allowed the CM to have access to the Network. This is no longer true. The only time the CM is able to take the upper hand is for a few seconds during the handshaking process while in TELNET. Once a few steps are done, this command is no longer useable, as you have passed that step during registration.

There is nothing , except for a command, to do now with the CMTS.
I don't see why you would need telnet into the modem for what you are describing.

By the sound of that, it sounds like you could just put a clean walledgardend modem and then just simply unplug it and then load up a forced config by loading haxorwarelite onto it in the middle of the registration.

Or maybe the command you are looking for is to tell the CMTS to wait for the modem, to give it some more time so it doesn't timeout.

If it's like linux, something like wait and the time in ms. Though I am pretty new to the modem scene, so I have no idea if what I said makes sense.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need Help With Docsis + Certs Please Guys - by klonoa - 12-11-2012, 02:07 AM