Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tftp client timed out on socket select
Hi All,

I am trying to get my SB5101 to connect over tftp to my laptop machine at ip 192.168.100.3. However, from the boot logs, whenever the modem attempts to open a tftp connection to anything but the internal isp tftp server, I end up with a "tftp client timed out on socket select error."

Is there a setting or something I should change?

BTW - I can connect to my tftp server just fine from the haxorware interface.

Below:

ay Thread) WARNING - Timed out waiting for a response from the ToD server.
Waiting 2000 ms before trying this server again...
Logging event: ToD request sent- No Response received
CM> 0x0000777e [CmDocsisIpThread] Tftp Client::GetReply: (Tftp Client) Timed out on socket select!
0x0000777e [CmDocsisIpThread] Tftp Client::Send: (Tftp Client) Attempt #(2) Backoff (4) Exp Block #(1) Last Block #(0) Recv'd Block #(0)CM> 0x000078f0 [Time Of Day Thread] BcmDocsisTimeOfDayThread::HandleTod: (Time
Of Day Thread) WARNING - Exceeded max number of ToD retries for all servers. Waiting for period timer to expire...
CM> 0x000096be [CmDocsisIpThread] Tftp Client::GetReply: (Tftp Client) Timed out on socket select!
0x000096be [CmDocsisIpThread] Tftp Client::Send: (Tftp Client) Attempt #(3) Backoff (8) Exp Block #(1) Last Block #(0) Recv'd Block #(0)
CM>

Thanks for thoughts all.

your router is blocking it
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(28-08-2012, 06:19 AM)drewmerc Wrote: your router is blocking it

Shouldn't be. The modem wasn't connected to the router at that point. I am directly connected to my PC....

Could it be that the modem won't connect to tftp over rj45?

Thanks,
(28-08-2012, 12:16 PM)sinusoid Wrote:
(28-08-2012, 06:19 AM)drewmerc Wrote: your router is blocking it

Shouldn't be. The modem wasn't connected to the router at that point. I am directly connected to my PC....

Could it be that the modem won't connect to tftp over rj45?

Thanks,

Still having problems with this all. Yesterday, it seemed like the modem was connecting to SolarWinds tftp -- but then it's saying that the "get" was "dropped because the peer didn't respond." Simultaneously, I am getting the timed out on socket select statements on the modem.

Any thoughts?
I was reading more of this in one of my manuals, and I am going to go out on a limb here, but what is the original FW version you have. Not the Haxorware, but the underlying CM's FW?
Knowledge=Power
(30-08-2012, 02:46 PM)ABMJR Wrote: I was reading more of this in one of my manuals, and I am going to go out on a limb here, but what is the original FW version you have. Not the Haxorware, but the underlying CM's FW?

Unfortunately don't have access to it at the moment. Can the underlying modem's firmware kill this?

(30-08-2012, 05:26 PM)sinusoid Wrote:
(30-08-2012, 02:46 PM)ABMJR Wrote: I was reading more of this in one of my manuals, and I am going to go out on a limb here, but what is the original FW version you have. Not the Haxorware, but the underlying CM's FW?

Unfortunately don't have access to it at the moment. Can the underlying modem's firmware kill this?

ABMjr -- could you give me your thoughts on this one? Can't get to the moment atm as the place is being redone, but it would be nice to have a clue as to why this is happening.