Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How to manually inject certs into SBG6580
Im wondering if anyone has some experience with manually injecting Certificates into the NVRAM region of a flash.

Specifically the SBG6580. I have a pile of certs that i have remotely pulled from 6580's via SNMP. and they work fine in forceware. But i also have a bunch of SBG6580's here that i would like to use in a 1:1 stock clone mode.

I have dumped the NVRAM of a legit subbed 6580, and put it onto one of my 6580s successfully, and it works fine. But the certs i remotely pulled are in separate files format (private.key, public.key , cm.cer, ca.cer, etc....)

and i want to copy these files into a 6580 NVRAM.

If anyone has any ideas or working method i would appreciate it.
(10-03-2015, 09:05 AM)I know its been a while but if you need help reply and I will show you how to get that modem up and running  slimebox Wrote: Im wondering if anyone has some experience with manually injecting Certificates into the NVRAM region of a flash.

Specifically the SBG6580. I have a pile of certs that i have remotely pulled from 6580's via SNMP. and they work fine in forceware. But i also have a bunch of SBG6580's here that i would like to use in a 1:1 stock clone mode.

I have dumped the NVRAM of a legit subbed 6580, and put it onto one of my 6580s successfully, and it works fine. But the certs i remotely pulled are in separate files format (private.key, public.key , cm.cer, ca.cer, etc....)

(29-01-2021, 09:05 PM)Loco6777 Wrote:
(10-03-2015, 09:05 AM)I know its been a while but if you need help reply and I will show you how to get that modem up and running  slimebox Wrote: Im wondering if anyone has some experience with manually injecting Certificates into the NVRAM region of a flash.

I can help you both, just pm me
(10-03-2015, 09:05 AM)I know its been a while but if you need help reply and I will show you how to get that modem up and running  slimebox Wrote: Im wondering if anyone has some experience with manually injecting Certificates into the NVRAM region of a flash.

Very easy to do it, if you have the bat to inject the MB motorola model and some others modems just edit it with the certs that you have and inject the SB6580.
(31-01-2021, 05:21 AM)TONYDSS Wrote:

Very easy to do it, if you have the bat to inject the MB motorola model and some others modems just edit it with the certs that you have and inject the SB6580.
May I get a copy of the bat file to inject MB Motorola models? I have one for Ubee e31u. Thx.
(10-03-2015, 09:05 AM)slimebox Wrote:
Quote:Im wondering if anyone has some experience with manually injecting Certificates into the NVRAM region of a flash.

it's strange you managed to get the certs using SNMP but you don't know how to inject them back.. ummm  Undecided
what tool did you used ??