Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HFC.MAc.Addres Edit
Hello guys,
I'm new to the forum and I hope someone can help me. I have succesfully transferred a good / clean firmware (binary file) from a working sbg.6.5.80 into a non-working modem. I was able to view the GUI on the new modem with new firmware through the 192 address, however, the HFC.MAC was also copied from the old modem. Is there any way I can designate / edit the MAC to match the sticker (where the HFC is located) of the modem? Any special tools or programs I should use to edit the binary file to and fix the Mac.address?

Thanks!
you cant just edit the mac to match the sticker. well you can but this would corrupt the certificates as these would still have the old mac address (and no you cant just edit these as they are signed)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
thanks for the reply.

when you said you can, "how"?
certs have to match the mac <-> , you can edit if you really wanted to but chances of it working -0.0000000000 %
(05-11-2015, 05:43 PM)Box3r Wrote: certs have to match the mac <-> , you can edit if you really wanted to but chances of it working -0.0000000000 %

----

Thanks. Sorry, noobhere.

The bin file I have how do I edit the cert or decompress it to view it's settings / mac. Can you tell me which tools or procedure to do it?

(05-11-2015, 05:43 PM)Box3r Wrote: certs have to match the mac <-> , you can edit if you really wanted to but chances of it working -0.0000000000 %

----

Thanks. Sorry, noobhere.

The bin file I have how do I edit the cert or decompress it to view it's settings / mac. Can you tell me which tools or procedure to do it?
(06-11-2015, 03:02 PM)LT-jb Wrote:

----

Thanks. Sorry, noobhere.

----

Thanks. Sorry, noobhere.

--

I'm using flashcat - any scripts that I can use to extract the file(s) and edit?not meant to hackit, want to fix it and put it in factory state.
(03-11-2015, 08:02 PM)drewmerc Wrote: you cant just edit the mac to match the sticker. well you can but this would corrupt the certificates as these would still have the old mac address (and no you cant just edit these as they are signed)

That's right, let's suppose that you have all certs required, how to edit Hfc Mac on puma5 from shell? Seems, this varies between models even built on same chip. It's often referred this path, in which you have to go in to edit:

docsis/Production/prodset

What if there is no Production directory?
unpack the firmware if required and hex edit that shit like the old days
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
mine not show anything. Anyway, are the MAC stored in nvram? which area?
(07-11-2015, 02:40 PM)drewmerc Wrote: unpack the firmware if required and hex edit that shit like the old days

--

thanks drew.

sorry - really a newb here. which tool is the best to unpack?
I only have one bin file and able to hex edit it - but damn, i can't read hex. any way to translate this?

my initial goal was to bring up a modem that was not working or wouldnt boot. I write a file from a working legit modem (but it copied the whole serial, mac, etc to the non working modem) -- did i do the right procedure to fix the boot?