Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Reward) SB6141 Forceware Settings and Config help
Hi, guys, I am a complete newbie for this stuff. I have been using Hexaware sb5101 for 5 years (I couldn't log in to this modem), then I purchased a SB6141 with Forceware from eBay. I thought it wasn't hard to figure out how to get it connected and worked, but I was wrong. I have to confess: I know nothing about this thing. Guys, I really need your help with this modem. I know this is a theft of service, and I have been doing this unknowingly for 5 years or more until recently I discovered that I was using the premoded SB5101. The SB5101 is still working which means SB6141 should be working if everything's set up correctly. I really need your help, please explain step by step. For people who know how to solve this problem, please leave your email, I would select one and pay him/her through PayPal once the problem solved.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Whose the provider, and how did u setup the 5101?
(13-11-2019, 03:31 AM)Ictvtec Wrote: Whose the provider, and how did u setup the 5101?

The ISP is optimum. I did not set up the 5101, I bought it from some guy and it worked magically ever since I purchased this 5101 5 years ago, it's been working without any problem. Then I decided to upgrade this 5101 haxorware modem to SB6141 forceware . But the problem is gateways like 192.168.100.1 or something like that could not allow me to log in to this 5101 modem. Therefore, I couldn't download the config file from 5101. With that being said, even if I can't set up this 6141, I still have the internet to use.
Unplug the coax and start it up. See if u can access the gui
hey i was thinking about upgrading my 5101 too but is it really worth it? thanks
damn....what hick towns are these 5101's still working....
could be a way to entice people to move to these little shit-hole places
(as your president would say).
i guess my town lol. what modems are up and running now these days?
(14-11-2019, 11:50 PM)newname Wrote: damn....what hick towns are these 5101's still working....
could be a way to entice people to move to these little shit-hole places
(as your president would say).

This shit-hole place that I am living in is Brooklyn, NY.
(14-11-2019, 11:06 PM)intelpenny4 Wrote: hey i was thinking about upgrading my 5101 too but is it really worth it? thanks

Hey, I was thinking the same thing as you and I purchased this sb6141 forceware which is still causing me a headache to this day.
A cousin of mine still had an sb4100 activated and was paying for it monthly for the subscription. Crazy. Not until he called the ISP and asked for an upgrade did they swap it out.