Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modem provisioned and telnet enabled
If you have the read/write snmp string then you can write a new values for the user name and password. Just do an MIB Walk...
(23-08-2012, 10:06 PM)torro32 Wrote: I can enter login name but I can't enter password. The cursor just stays on one place and not moving at all like I don't type anything and I get invalid login.

Also if I would like to change the password, what do I need to put at the end of the oid?
I just put the new password name and I get "Needs type and value".

That is normal for a telnet session when logging in via cli, wether it is on a cmts or a modem. You will not see it accepting it but it is there. I imagine it has something to do with security so the password does not showup in as raw data in a sniff (if there was some sniffing going on when a body accessed it). Type away, but your chances of getting it right are slim and none if your isp has competent techs working for them, and so far it sounds like they do.

edit: just to add, my isp is the same, I can telnet to any modem I pick up in a scan, but there is a login pass.

That is normal for a telnet session when logging in via cli, wether it is on a cmts or a modem. You will not see it accepting it but it is there. I imagine it has something to do with security so the password does not showup in as raw data in a sniff (if there was some sniffing going on when a body accessed it). Type away, but your chances of getting it right are slim and none if your isp has competent techs working for them, and so far it sounds like they do.

edit: just to add, my isp is the same, I can telnet to any modem I pick up in a scan, but there is a login pass.

[/quote]

coldfusion I PM'd you.
(23-08-2012, 10:52 AM)torro32 Wrote: During some testing I discovered that there are some modems on my network that have telnet server enabled and I can telnet into them just fine. They are ISP provisioned and working just fine, brand new D3 modems. And they have telnet enabled.

Can I extract certs via telnet or put them in the factory mode via telnet? What can I do to exploit this?

Which D3 modem are you using?
what is this cli can som1 throw some more light on it
thank u
n hw it can b used regardin this hobby?
some useful telnet command are here:
http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/56027-...ere-3.html
help or ?
probably most useful telnet command