Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Public/Private ISP String
Yeah how do you get Certs from FastCert, I also thought that it only just scans for other modems in my node?
[Image: 2067907098.png]
It will scan the entire network, not just your node.(Depends on what IP addresses you put in for it to scan.) but will only get certs from modems in factory mode.
(05-09-2012, 02:10 AM)kornwood Wrote: I wish I knew more so i could sit back and laugh at it all also
thanks teddy

I'm not laughing at anyone, I hope it didn't come across like that.
I would like to use a private string to see if I can find different type of factory enabled modems . That's the only think I care about.
Modems that are already in factory mode will respond to 'public' or 'private' as the actual community string. A lot of modems that are not in factory mode also respond to that as well but they will be of no use to anyone who is trying to do anything fun with them.
Does it show the modems HFC Mac Address?
[Image: 2067907098.png]
ISP's have the option , actually good ISP's, do not ever "Allow" a "CM" into factory mode on their Network.
Knowledge=Power
(05-09-2012, 08:29 PM)teddyalmonds Wrote: Modems that are already in factory mode will respond to 'public' or 'private' as the actual community string. A lot of modems that are not in factory mode also respond to that as well but they will be of no use to anyone who is trying to do anything fun with them.

I can only pull 5100,5101 certs that's about it.

Should I use my sub modem to scan or can I also use the sb5101 with haxorware on it? Also, scanning with either modem, will it give a Red flag on ISP's security system?
(29-09-2012, 12:32 PM)Driverseat Wrote: Should I use my sub modem to scan or can I also use the sb5101 with haxorware on it? Also, scanning with either modem, will it give a Red flag on ISP's security system?

JR, has posted about that, never use your sub modem for that.