Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dpc2100r2 cable and send light solid green
(29-09-2012, 10:38 PM)indnracn2 Wrote: hey guys maybe someone can help. I couldnt find the serial over ethernet threads but i tried to jtag vased on this one http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-1132.html for some reason my jtagutility not finding the modem keep saying to check the jtag or power. 5101 works fine basedon my jtag. wondering if htat schematic is right or not? I cant seem to figure out how to get it connected. I have a simple buffered jtag i bought from http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...470wt_1396
serial over ethernet? that only works with a hacked firmware(or the signed ambit firm)
there are 3 schematics in the linked thread, but yes the webby one works
the buffered jtag you have is moto standard and will not work on a webby without some pin swapping

(30-09-2012, 12:48 AM)indnracn2 Wrote: ok so verdict i have one bin i downloaded from the site for the 2100r2 called original 2100r2.bin now i load that with jtag and it flashes fine after a long time. i reboot modem lights are blank now nothing and i cant pull an ip? any ideas?
if you had a ttl cable i'd tell you to look at the serial output (as a ttl cable is what you should have used in the first place)
reflash i guess
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Thanks drewmerc for the info. I just ordered a ttl cable but coming from HK will take ages. So I'm stuck using the jtag I have. Any ideas why even after the flash no lights on the modem? Possible the dump of the dpc2100 I have is bad. Anyone have one they can send me to try I have a bcm3349. Or any other ideas on how I might revive the modem?
I just posted the bins for you...hope they help you
Hey Southernyankey yes thank you for the bins. So heres an update. Loaded bin modem is revived got to the stock modem firmware page. Used one click flasher from site to load hax back on same symptoms as before. power light cable and send solid receive never comes up and pc (since ethernet is connected) is flashing. I dont have a coax connected yet so what would cause the cable light to be steady? I just flashed hax so how can it be bricked already? any ideas?
stop using the 1 click crap, if you can flash southern's dump you can flash hax also via jtag
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
i agree. I would use a jtag on that. Spend 60 on the NT and you will never look back, I assure you. It's well worth the $$ I don't mess with those things just for the issues you are having now. the two i have will run fine for awhile then just self-brick after awhile. Someone told me the capacitors are really shitty on those. I use Netgear Cg's almost exclusively now and never have any issues as long as I use a 1 amp power supply.

i do know that if you use a 5101 dump on a 2100 the lights work differently... i think, it's been over a year since I plugged one of those things into anything...lol!
ok so flashed via jtag brothers modem is fine now working perfect except the cable and send light solid receive light never flashes. I read somewhere i might just need to flash the bootloader and that might fix it? any comments on that?

2nd modem (mine or now will be my brothers lol) cant pull an IP. Wierd i get the 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.100.11 but i never pull my ISP ip? Checked all the settings in hax and they are identical on both modems but still cant get it to pull an IP any ideas there?
I hope you changed the 1st CPE's MAC to something different than before...
Knowledge=Power
hello ABMJR yes I did actually i have both modems with same certs and mac's

Southernyankey = in the process already ordering a usbjtag nt from their site.

Might consider getting a netgear because id hate to keep having this thing brik always. I saw another one of your post that the netgear programs the same as the dpc2100 so all the info i have i can transfer over?
yep...serial ttl is still the way to go on a cg...but you can easily use your shiny new Nt on it after you make the 8 pin adapter