Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I program a premod modem with old bios programer
At my hourly rate...the time i just spent reading this thread would pay for a Blackcat usb !

Get what we use and you won't spend more tyime trying to use something no one can help you with...

Just a thought
(08-10-2012, 04:12 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: At my hourly rate...the time i just spent reading this thread would pay for a Blackcat usb !

Get what we use and you won't spend more tyime trying to use something no one can help you with...

Just a thought

that goes against my entire philosophy, from jtaging a modem with nothing more that a 50cm piece of wire and some nail clippers
or building my own usbjtag
to me thats in the same league as buying a premod modem
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I agree totally. I started this hobby that way because everything I ever ordered for this(premods, jtags,ttl's, pin headers, adapters,power supplies...it goes on and on) all seemed to take a year and a day to get shipped to my impatient little hands, and i tried desperately to do things w/o the right shit to no avail! Now that I already have all the right shit it's easy for me to say "just get such and such and move on with your life".

A perfect example is that I had a push start button in my work truck because it is such a tremendous PITFA to fix the $9.99 part that broke a year ago(for the 3rd time in 2 years, I might add, But by making it work my way, I bypassed a circuit that was very necessary to some other 19.99 POS sensor that eventually took out my 275.00 ECM..lesson learned, the hard way.

What does that have to do withthis hobby? Not much, but it's good to get advice to from someone who has already learned the hard way. That would be me!

here's some FREE advice that cost me dearly to learn in this hobby...

1. Don't use a .5 amp power supply on a cm that needs 1 amp just because the adapter fits in the hole!

2. Don't solder wires to a $150 D3 flash chip if your soldering skills and eyesight are not 100% ..lol

3. Don't open your sub and solder a header to it because you are to impatient for your premod to get to you from Taco's store!

4. Don't put Haxorware on a sb5100...twice!

5 Don't spend 4 weeks straight trying to program a cg814 with a pjtag because you're too cheap to buy a NT!

The best advice ever is this one...

DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER DRINK PATRON SILVER FOR HOURS ON END THEN GET ON A FORUMN AND POST!! EVER!!
I still have my first original parellel program for Tcisno, like
many yrs. Took so long to program a bin. Some of you guys
remember.