Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nonvol 5100 not work in 5101 ?
copy a provisioned NonVol in a 5100 via blackcat. when I load it in 5101 via Haxo gui gives me error Config File does not include a valid CVC!
Yep...
Your cmts is running new firmware. Unfortunately for you, you need to figure out just how secure your cmts is now. It's a pita. See, the issue you are most likely having, is that your modem is hosting the certs for a different modem, therefore the cosigned firmware update is failing...thereby giving you the 1 finger salute and no valid ip.
Maybe I'll ask this is nonsense but. I can make you believe the CMTS that the firm that is trying to sign is for 5100 and not for 5101, and so run the cosigned firmware update?

It won't work like that. Different hardware. It won't work that way here as far as I know, but test and see. It wouldn't surprise if someone could pull that off..

This is why we test!
Same thing here!!! Any new info on this!???
I don't see how unless your ISP will let you run w/o signed firmware. But, I guess if you REALLY KNEW how to manipulate oid's you could prob pull it off by forcing the appropriate responses at the appropriate times....kind of a lot of effort to run a cm when there are far easier ways.
(04-12-2012, 09:58 PM)piposarcade Wrote: copy a provisioned NonVol in a 5100 via blackcat. when I load it in 5101 via Haxo gui gives me error Config File does not include a valid CVC!

Your problem is not CVC. You cannot just load the 5100 nonvol via blackcat to sb5101 or via haxorware. you still need to extract each individual cert and load it one by one. using another program called cmnonexp
Yes, you need load each individual cert to your 5101. Your CM will immediately work.