Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
THE GOOD OL DAYS ARE NOW OVER !!!!!!
There is sooooo much info there that a very patient, intelligent tester could devise numerous methods from bits and pieces of each subject to make his very own exploit....if one were properly motivated, that is.
(06-09-2013, 12:41 AM)ABMJR Wrote: editing certs? Makes no sense

I've been mia from this scene since the sb4200 days so my terms are pretty rusty, but...

You scan the neighborhood system for config files with the proper values you want to uncap to.
You use jtag to pull your key out of your current config.
Injuect the new values in your current config with fake tftp setup.
Go online with higher tier speed.

I'm not sure why there would be so many recent threads about configuration for this sort of "testing" if it wasn't viable anymore.
It isn't in 90% of the major US ISP service areas. They are already moving d2 modems to the EOL list because they want the built in load balancing that comes with multi tuner D3 cm's. scanning is pretty much toast for most areas too...depends on where you live.
(24-09-2013, 06:25 PM)kraftymonkey Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 12:41 AM)ABMJR Wrote: editing certs? Makes no sense

I've been mia from this scene since the sb4200 days so my terms are pretty rusty, but...

You scan the neighborhood system for config files with the proper values you want to uncap to.
You use jtag to pull your key out of your current config.
Injuect the new values in your current config with fake tftp setup.
Go online with higher tier speed.

I'm not sure why there would be so many recent threads about configuration for this sort of "testing" if it wasn't viable anymore.

90% of isps don't allow you modify config files as they are now sha/md5 hash checking them. there is also no real way to send the config file anyway as the cmts checks now to see if it actually indeed did send the appropriate config file to the modem. forcing the config by having the modem upload itself worked for a long time however does not on many isps because the cmts is not getting normal requests to let you on the network.

if you don't have all this new security, expect it in the future unless your living in a town of 1000 population
I love this place, so much knowledge!!! It never ends